Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what has been the best day/nite of your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

what has been the best day/nite of your life?

Disclaimer:
    if a similar thread has already been created and developed, please link me to it and close this one.

what has been the best day/nite of your life? i'm not referencing personal events such as marriage or births of children etc but rather cultural, recreational experiences that you cherish and will never forget. i'm sure we all have a few but i'm specifically asking for one.

i've attended many iconic concerts but this fight still ranks as #1 on my list.

mine: working the first ali/frazier fight march 8, 1971, at madison square garden. i believe that particular nite is a landmark modern day event and i feel privileged to have been able to attend along with the international "beautiful people" that flew in from around the world to witness the bout...btw, i sat, in an aisle, on the ground next to hugh hefner who was accompanied by his then love barbie benton. she wore a see thru blouse....remember, this was '71. i was in heaven

i had color 35mm slides but, sadly, they have disintegrated

and your's is?
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

I wish I was around for the 70s, right about entering the prime of my youth starting with the Summer of Love then really coming into age by Altamont - 25 would have been an ideal age walking into 1970.

I always say that I was born 40 years too late. In another lifetime, I coulda been Warren Beatty. I'm serious.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
      In another lifetime, I coulda been Warren Beatty. I'm serious.
      uhm, how do you figure that?

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

October 30th, 2009. The night I met the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

The day I started SZ, followed closely by the morning I had sex for the first time.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pierce
            Banned
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
            October 30th, 2009. The night I met the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

( reason I'm laughing is because I'm the type of man who gets frog marched down to the news agents to buy a valentines card on the 15th )

Comment

• mortalveneer
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              The day I started SZ, followed closely by the morning I had sex for the first time.
              LOL...

I really can't pick a single day or night as the best. I've had a number of amazing days/nights, but none has emerged as the "best". Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing...

a few ones that emerge as favourite memories to revisit:

- walking several miles back to our hotel from a party in a small town in British Columbia...more stars than I could believe, a meteor shower in effect, and to top it all off, the aurora borealis was in full display. Stars streaking across an impossibly light-speckled night sky, with iridescent waves of aurora colour undulating across the starry expanse. My brother and I walked the several miles with our heads looking straight up almost the entire time...

- rager of a powder day in Utah...got up the canyon early enough that they hadn't closed it off yet because of the avalanche danger. One of maybe 100 people skiing the resort after a week of HEAVY snowfall. So much snow that I simply HAD to push the limits...eating it after dropping a 15-20 foot cliff was like falling into a bottomless pile of pillows. Every last person (minus the few tourist noobs who were like "how do we even move in this much snow?!?!) was completely exhilarated by the quality pow and the empty lifts. My legs were completely thrashed by the end of the day, but I was grinning from ear-to-ear...and then got up and did it all again the next day in the backcountry...

- making out with a gorgeous brazilian girl as an 18-year old...she didn't speak a lick of english, and all I'd figured out before this vacation to the north (caribbean) coast of Brazil was how to say, "voce e muito bonita". Stars of the southern hemisphere were overhead and we were all alone on the beach for a number of wonderful hours...hell of a way to cap off a vacation...

Each of these instances has made me think of others, so I'm just going to cut it off here. I think it might drive me insane if I had to pick a "best day of my life"...
              I am not who you think I am

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post

- making out with a gorgeous brazilian girl as an 18-year old...she didn't speak a lick of english,"...
                ahhhhhhhh, brazilian women and floss. does fashion really matter?

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
                  making out with a gorgeous brazilian girl as an 18-year old...she didn't speak a lick of english, and all I'd figured out before this vacation to the north (caribbean) coast of Brazil was how to say, "voce e muito bonita". Stars of the southern hemisphere were overhead and we were all alone on the beach for a number of wonderful hours...hell of a way to cap off a vacation...
                  i had a very similar experience. and then i married her. so yeah i guess that was the best day
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                    • Feb 2009

»Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.«

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

MASUGNEN – you realize that'll end up as someone's new signature, right?
                      Last edited by interest1; 03-05-2010, 12:46 PM. Reason: fuck the smiley
                      sain't

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

^^ that's from american beauty, no?

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by interest1
                          For me, it's all about life's sweet moments, the small things that leave a mark. I think what sears the most memorable ones into our heads probably have one thing in common: the moment was intense, and then it was gone. It leaves you wanting more, which is why you never

no argument here.

that's why i wasn't referencing anything intimate. i was asking for specific events like concerts, sporting events, exhibitions, a meal etc....not intensely personal but memorable because of it's entertainment value.

surely, everyone has a favorite something.

every time i "pick up" a woman when she's accompanied by her guy is special..ya know, that eye contact that says "anotha time and anotha place" ...................

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                            i was asking for specific events like concerts, sporting events, exhibitions, a meal etc....not intensely personal but memorable because of it's entertainment value.
                            Gotcha. I totally dropped the ball on this initially. Let me give it some further thought.

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

no man...powder in utah is way cool

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢