• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

Number (N)ine S/S 2010?

As posted on sufu. courtesy of herpsky

Kooks, Ltd will be lauching the first season of Number (N) without Takahiro Miyashita by May 2010.

Kooks will be offering two lines: Number (N)ine Classic and n(n) (the so-called lame basics line).

There will be NO change in the pricing or design themes.

The former employees of Kooks have gone their separate ways and have gone on to pursue different careers such as consulting, designing for other maison labels, and etc. The new NN team will consist of 5-6 staff members + Koki Kitamura as the director. Kitamura has worked as a consultant in the apparel industry for years.

Check out this week's WWD Japan for details.

Last edited by nictan; 03-31-2010, 10:26 PM. Reason: typo
  • Atom
    • Sep 2009

Thank God it's April 1st, otherwise...

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

^ what i was thinking too. hahaha

Comment

• yffet
        • Aug 2009

Hate 1st April
        Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

so is this real or not? i'm hoping it was an aprils fool joke too.
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

probably a joke

i'm interested in checking out the new casual/jeanswear line Taka's involved in, though. Saw some teaser pics of what appeared to be an opening of sorts, no detailed shots but seemed interesting and approachable, his personal style was always kind of leaning towards a dressed down, almost grunge-like style but never out of bounds sloppy. He's always been very adept at weaving through formal and casual elements of clothing without being too unattainable.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Atom
              • Sep 2009

So this wasn't an April fools joke it seems. I'm puzzled, and not in a good way.

FtB, are you referring to a line with Levi's, Left Handed, or his presumably new own line Soloist? Miyashita made earlier this year a collaboration with Levi's Japan with some vintage models, it wasn't anything special.

I agree that he has very distinctive and cool personal style, especially in the photos that were published in the Eyescream's N(N) issue. (Although I couldn't help thinking that there was some serious legend creating in the making :). )

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎