X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clay
    • Sep 2006

CHATAV ECTABIT

Just think this label needs some attention. I've been watching it for a while now and i'ts looking pretty good. Here's their site below and you can see whats on A's site as well. Anybody know any other sites to check their goods?

Have not been able to get photos off the web yet. I welcome any assistance here.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Butter in Brooklyn carries the women's. I can't say I like it much. I am always suspicious of designers that radically change aesthetic at the snap of the fingers. Seems disingenuous. I could've sworn we had a thread on it...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• clay
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Butter in Brooklyn carries the women's. I can't say I like it much. I am always suspicious of designers that radically change aesthetic at the snap of the fingers. Seems disingenuous. I could've sworn we had a thread on it...
      Can you pinpoint the change. Dalal has had many head design positions besides his label from the 90's. It seems Chatav embraced a
      artisinal approach from day one. Would love to hear what you know.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I don't know much - just Sandy Dalal and Chatav Ectabit are very different animals. Maybe you know more!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• clay
          • Sep 2006

Just mainly remember his first line in 94/95. Superb hand tailoring. Fine suitings,cottons and silk shirtings. Very classic cuts with some of the best fabrics available. It was almost bespoke.

Comment

• clay
            • Sep 2006

So at least for a start he was about quality. After a while as it always happens, business becomes first. Then he chucked it all and went under the radar doing something different, C. E.

Comment

• reborn
              • Aug 2008

the label is hand carved camel bone. Still, is Chatav still around? They seem to re-invent themselves every few years. When the label started out...lots of unique looking embrodiered pieces (indian on the re-made levi's), a few seasons latter a focus on antique embellishments, then hand dyed fabrics...and as of late, I'm not sure what they are up to.

Atelier carried them for a couple of seasons.

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

An embroidered skull on the back of a blazer is no good.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎