• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

your body your health

ask and you shall receive.

What do you do for health? I smoke but don't drink. I eat obsessively clean 6 days a week and whatever I want on the seventh. I lift weights 4-5 days, play basketball twice a week in a league and run 10-15 miles a week. I swin 50 laps each morning when we open the pool in summer. And most important, since shedding about 30 lbs, I fit in my clothes.
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

I eat a relatively balanced diet which involves minor variations on the same dish e.g. pasta for lunch and something small for dinner, helps keep the cost down and the fridge uncluttered. don't really have a cheat day as I don't have many opportunities to eat out, and when I do it's often sushi or sashimi, I treat myself to something sweet once a week or so. I drink a lot of coffee, and enjoy two fingers of whisky or a beer or maybe a cocktail if I feel fancy once every 2-3 days. don't smoke.

lift weights and do some cardio after weights every other day. I don't do split days.

started back in february 2009, 5'9" 92kg/203lbs, managed to hit 78kg/172lbs under half a year. currently 71kg/156lbs. I wouldn't consider myself very strong or strength-training goal oriented since the weights were just a way to burn up glycogen before my cardio, and I do not wish to go anymore than a size 48. right now I'm not sure what direction I should go from here.
    Last edited by stereophobic; 06-08-2010, 09:42 PM.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

whenever I don't take the metro, I walk. I rarely get full. just eat enough to stay unhungry for a while. I love vegetables in all kinds so food is not an issue.

I used to work out 5 days a week, but something happened, and now i've been without since 1,5 years back. doesn't feel too good.

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

I eat way too much and I never walk because I have a vespa. I have a gym membership that I haven't used in months. I've never smoke or drank in my life though.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Lots of vege, some meat, minimal carbo.
          Have got a very sweet tooth, but exercise restrain.

Hot yoga 3/4 times a week.
          Run 3 times a week...16-21km each run depending on mood.
          Tennis once a week.

Comment

• whitney
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
            I eat way too much and I never walk because I have a vespa. I have a gym membership that I haven't used in months. I've never smoke or drank in my life though.
            same. most of my money goes towards food >.<

I don't really exercise but I walk fast and would walk everywhere except taking the metro to work cos if I walk it's over a hour and if I take metro it's 15mins and I like sleeping in...walk a lot of stairs up and down from the station tho

I'm the type that believes if I can have it and want it, I'd go for it. so ice cream for breakfast..late night munchies..but I also have a thing for tofu, carrots, and oranges..thank goodness..and sometimes I go hours without eating..usually cos I'm working and so I can't or because I'm too preoccupied
            you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Sombre
              • Jan 2009

I do HIIT/play soccer 5-6 times a week and lift weights 3-4 times a week. This is more of a lifestyle choice than a fitness regimen, but I walk anywhere I can get to in under half an hour on foot and take the stairs if I'm going less than 6 floors. Of course in the summer that changes.

I don't really watch what I eat, except for avoiding pizza and other very cheesy foods. My preferences aren't exactly unhealthy (I eat mostly chicken and fish with a little starch on the side), so I figure I'll be fine for the next few years. I ate vegetables twice a day for a month when I was on a training program, but they don't agree with me.
              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Eat lots of cabbage soup, and little else, and have a very physical job installing irrigation systems during the academic downtime... I drink like a fish, however, which really equalizes it all. Kunk, how do you fit all that activity into one week? Lordy...
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                  • Nov 2009

I am a very health conscious individual... I workout 6 times a week, which includes circuit training 3 times a week (intense 30 minute sessions- as many rounds as possible- alternating excercises) and run 6-10 miles every other day. I also am very active throughout the day- I partake in lots of sporting activites, I play the drums, and I'm also a counselour for a day camp (summer job)- so I run around with little kids for a good portion of the day lol

I usually watch what I eat, keeping meal portions at a decent serving size- I don't eat fried foods and I rarely partake in eating sweets, and my snacks include mostly fruit, peanut butter, veggies, and granola bars (that provide a good amount of protein). I do drink, but don't smoke.

Comment

• jgan85
                    • Apr 2008

eat way too much, no sugary food or soft drinks though.. exercise 4 days a week to make up for it. 2 runs, 2 weights.
                    ________
                    Jailbroken
                    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

I drink lots of green tea, and I don't eat processed foods. that's about the extent of my healthiness though, as I smoke like a chimney, drink etc, don't eat enough to not feel hungry, hardly ever exercise (walk a lot though) and mostly don't get enough sleep

however, since I don't tan, I have good skin and I'm slim so I think it evens it out

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

I am going to the gym right now, you guys are making me sick with all your health and exercise and youth and all...
                        For the record, I run twice a week, do the gym twice, started doing rope jumping on weekends because it's fun. Stopped smoking 5 months ago, drink like a sailor given an excuse.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Jonn
                          • Mar 2008

i remember eva green once said "im french, i smoke and i dont exercise!" or something similar. well, guess that makes me french too

used to eat whatever i could. greasy good stuffs like meat, steak and practically little to none veggies 'cause im rail thin and a hard gainer. but then after spending a couple of rounds in cardio and digestive ward and the horrors i saw like big ass gallstones and the likes i realized i dont want any of those. more lean meat from now on

Comment

• Castor
                            • Nov 2009

Gym 5x a week, but only for about 30 minutes. 10 mins. abs, 20 mins. weights. Anyone could add this to their routine. I hate cardio so I have to watch what I eat.

Breakfast: greek yogurt with granola. Lunch: salad with chicken or rarely a sandwich. Dinner meat and fresh vegetables. Rarely carbs in the evening, but got a sweet tooth, so ice cream every night. Not a big drinker, though wine occasionally.

I would say after the age of 35-40, you must watch what you eat if you want to stay slim, so kids, just wait.
                            Originally posted by DRRRK
                            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

Beaux, to answer your question, I fit it in at the expense of anything that might pass for a social life. I don't go on vacation unless there is a gym and bball court easily accessible. My whole family is active so it isn't really an issue. I run from 7 to 8, then work from 9 to 6. Dinner homework etc. With kids from 7 to 830, then basketball or gym and I get to bed by 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎