• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Lanvin Opens a store in NYC

Rejoice
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Monty76
    • Sep 2006

Hope they will carry the men's ready-to-wear. Don't know how many Lanvin shops in the world I have walked into only to find "old man" suits.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Hmmm, good question, considering that Barneys and Bergdorf have it. I wish they'd open it in the meatsmelling district or somewhere else downtown, but of course despite its beauty at heart it remains a hardcore bourgeois label, so to Madison it goes.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

i member when the one opened in florida i was all excited, fuckin flew down to ft lauderdale to visit a friend and make a trip to lanvin since its like nearby ... they didnt have shit or at least not menswear . i was like awwww hell came down to this shithole city for nothin .
        im glad were finally gettin some of their boutiques tho , bout gotdam time

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

I have a friend working at the store. She says they probably will not start out with any menswear, but may get a rack or two of it in the future.

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

:( only 1 or 2 racks , i want like a whole floor or at least a whole section of a floor dedicated to it lol

Comment

• neonrider
              • Jan 2008

hope it does get some mens, because lanvin at barneys/bergdorf is usually a bit limited in its selection, at least for me. i think my favorite one is probably the men's lanvin store in london, two floors of awesomeness.
              ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• endtroducing
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                I have a friend working at the store. She says they probably will not start out with any menswear, but may get a rack or two of it in the future.
                I've gotta say that I am surprised by that...
                The store in Las Vegas has a massive section of menswear. The way they've (Lanvin) done this is kind of baffling... Florida and then Vegas... AND then NYC? I know Florida retail has come along way so can't comment too much on it (Im still not convinced it is the place for Lanvins' first US store however) but Vegas is absolutely not ready for Lanvin. Especially the menswear... And NYC won't have it to start? This is all so absurd.
                m.

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

The store in Bal Harbour, Miami doesn't have mens either. The whole entire "mall" is luxury brands though, so it's not exactly out of place. I'm sure it does well.

Comment

• Wiggles
                    • Sep 2008

there's no plan for menswear in the madison store, it's already jammed packed as it is with womenswear only. my inside sources say that the idea is to open a separate, mens only store. how's that for you, jogu?

edit: regarding the whole bal harbour then vegas then nyc thing - the other two were test runs for freestanding lanvin stores in the usa, more of a sort of recon thing than anything else. as far as i've been informed, a lot of luxury brands operate that way now. who knows...

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

god i hope ur rite wigs , a dedicated lanvin homme would be the gotdam bomb

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

hilarious

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

that was a pretty good article , i specially like the last 2 paragraphs

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

v good.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yes, Cintra Wilson is one of my faves.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎