Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

Well, you're Italian in this one

MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Fuuma - If anyone ever said to imagine "Fuuma & Fark in a fffoto together", oddly, this is exactly how I'd expect it to look, haa

p.s. you should've autographed that other one
      sain't

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

awww, I thought at first you guys were holding hands
        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
          LOL, beardown:

People, please read every post, including your own, before engaging in a serious discussion.
          Today I learned that mentioning a word is the same as discussing and exploring the implications of that word.

You're so obsessed with trying to discredit my opinions that you've lost focus on your own. You're like the republican house of representative member of SZ.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

SZ connections prevail, hope you enjoyed your visit to KL.
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
              Today I learned that mentioning a word is the same as discussing and exploring the implications of that word.

You're so obsessed with trying to discredit my opinions that you've lost focus on your own. You're like the republican house of representative member of SZ.
              You certainly did more than just mention the word, whether you were aware of it or not, as evidenced by the way it was received. And Casem was not the first to bring up the authenticity thing, it was Mail-Moth. I'd also love to discuss the subject more, as I do find it genuinely interesting (and thank god Fuuma has arrived!) but there's no use in trying to have an intelligent discussion if the facts aren't straight to begin with.
              http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Fark&Fuuma : looking great, both of you !

Beardown, let's not take this too seriously. Those expressions you're quoting - 'shitstorm', 'zombie hunt' - weren't meant to hurt anyone's feeling, and from my point of view they're not incompatible with lively exchanges of opinions.

If this were all about simple facades, seems like people would be glad to agree to disagree but that's not what we're seeing. The fact that this discussion has taken a philosophical turn/debate proves my point and I rest my case. It's really as simple as that as far as I'm concerned.
                You are simplifying. I was basically saying that those facades matter less than the various discourses one can build from them. They are mere pretexts. And this is what seems to happen here : the question of identity, as it was debated in the last page, is not directly derived from the deepness of Eternal's crotch.

Style is a lot more complex than the average person would ever concede in my opinion and that was really my point. If it was as cut and dry as some want to believe, I don't think we wouldn't be having this exchange.
                Nobody here is saying that the question of style is simple. But apart from that I'd say that people here are having this exchange because contrarily to what happens in other places on the internet, they like to play with ideas. Part of the pleasure.

As for the complexity of style, even if I do acknowledge it, I think that fashion - as something opposed to style on a regular basis here - , as a phenomenon, is not less complex : the considerations it implies are aesthetical as well as sociological, economical... Just look at the Allsaints thread. But let's pass.

To me style in dressing belongs to the arts of illusion : it is dressing like your own ghost, or like your (imaginary) purified self, devoid of unconscious, unassumed flaws - and making other people believe in the ingenuous nature of this appearance.
                Maybe it is less a question of knowing yourself than - and even before knowing the tools you'll use to make the illusion exist - feeling the boundary beyond which it will break : a boundary between what you actally are in the eye of the others, and what they will never see you as.

Just a very personal proposition.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                  the question of identity, as it was debated in the last page, is not directly derived from the deepness of Eternal's crotch.

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                  To me style in dressing belongs to the arts of illusion : it is dressing like your own ghost, or like your (imaginary) purified self, devoid of unconscious, unassumed flaws - and making other people believe in the ingenuous nature of this appearance.
                  Maybe it is less a question of knowing yourself than - and even before knowing the tools you'll use to make the illusion exist - feeling the boundary beyond which it will break : a boundary between what you actally are in the eye of the others, and what they will never see you as.

Just a very personal proposition.
                  i like this idea. sort of like concentric circles: in the middle is our deepest identity, perhaps one we are not even aware of (to connect with docus' thoughts earlier), then we have our self-perceived identity (which we may or may not wish to communicate), then our ideal identity (which we wish others would see us as), then the image of us as actually perceived and accepted by others, and then lastly that which lies beyond what others will accept as 'us'.

where we choose to place our own emphasis may affect how 'authentic' we will be perceived to be by others. the further out from the center, the more we are dealing with 'image' and the less with 'identity'...

but i'm sure there are much more sophisticated and accurate models of this already. sociology and psychology are not my areas of expertise...

Comment

• MikeN
                    • Nov 2007

Fuuma I'm glad to see you're still rocking that Lanvin jacket.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I think it's ugly - Fuuma should give it to me!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I know what I find a pathetic but telling sign of this age? That everything that is personal and emotional has been reduced to that despicable word, "identity."
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

a relaxed day.....a softer side of ccp

CCP classic horse
                          LUC reversible knit
                          CCP horse belt
                          MGNERD waxed skinny trousers
                          CCP Tornadoes
                          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                            • Oct 2009

Sweet my man! Boots look awesome but wheres the dog?!?
                            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

Cheers T
                              She's hiding.....she saw the dog shampoo and knows it's bath time....
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

eton looking good. i may have chosen a more casual trouser but still i think it looks good. love that jacket + boot combo

fark - what are those pants? they may help solve my summer dilemma...
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎