Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oakandmichael
    • Oct 2008

Anyone know any other dyes than Rit? I'm trying to dye a beige, cotton shirt black. In past experiences, Rit has always came out more purple than black.

Comment

• Diss
      • Sep 2008

i was wondering if its possible to dye these julius pants black?
      its 45% cotton 44% rayon and 11% stainless steel. If it was 100% cotton i know it would be possible but the rayon worries me.
      If anyone has em in a size 2 in black let me know.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by oakandmichael View Post
        Anyone know any other dyes than Rit? I'm trying to dye a beige, cotton shirt black. In past experiences, Rit has always came out more purple than black.
        Go through Dharma Trading for all of your dyes. The Procion series of black dye is really amazing. No textural changes to the dyed fabric and the colors are true. Prepare for massive amounts of rinses thought post-dying to remove excess dye.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ghettosalazar
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

every thread eventually mentions rick

Comment

• loveless
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            Go through Dharma Trading for all of your dyes. The Procion series of black dye is really amazing. No textural changes to the dyed fabric and the colors are true. Prepare for massive amounts of rinses thought post-dying to remove excess dye.
            i have always wondered about this! all i've ever seen is RIT.

i ended up dying one of my dark shadow colored rick t's and a pair of NNs (black with grey distressing) (w/ 1 box of RIT) and it came out ever MORE dark shadow colored (the purple drk shadow color, vs the brown one), which i guess is cool but i wanted it black.

Gonna check out dharma trading.

also, if u have to use RIT, i've heard the liquid dye is better than the powder.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎