Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

i am at work and don't really want someone looking over my shoulder to see a half naked 17 year old boy in front of his webcam. i don't think i'm being too sensitive on this subject either but it's just in bad taste...

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      i am at work and don't really want someone looking over my shoulder to see a half naked 17 year old boy in front of his webcam.
      ...the more so when it is a back to back with an avatar showing red gloves

Comment

• Tristan
        • Sep 2011

This may sound like an odd question, but does anyone know if those black/beige handwraps (or gloves, or something?) are just props for the show or are they a part of BBS ss12?

Comment

• theshametrain
          • Jul 2011

a little preview of the SS12 high top sneaker.
          though i'm personally not a sneaker guy at all, i must say that i would have wished to have these years ago, when still an active skater.
          boris has enhanced exactly those areas on the shoe that would break first if you were to use them for skating.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/201...ngsummer-2012/

Comment

• Faye
            • Apr 2009

ss12 hit pnp....
            so much "flap action" -__-

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by theshametrain View Post
              a little preview of the SS12 high top sneaker.
              though i'm personally not a sneaker guy at all, i must say that i would have wished to have these years ago, when still an active skater.
              boris has enhanced exactly those areas on the shoe that would break first if you were to use them for skating.
              Not really. A key point is guarded but most people shred a much broader area. I break laces from the bottom up to the 4th eyelet. The soles are way too narrow and minus any grip. Cool that they're skate influenced... but not practical for skating.

Comment

• couturehomme
                • Oct 2008

I usually love boris, but this is a big FAIL to all the "flapping", especially on basics.....and those sneakers are garbage.

Hoping to see much, much better from FW12.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

The FW 12 will have sunglasses in it, BBS x Linda Farrow.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

i thought it was a joke (and a good one)

but
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• couturehomme
                      • Oct 2008

and the bastardization of the brand begins

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

but, on second thoughts it will be very interesting to compare BBSXFarrow sunglasses to DamirXFarrow ones.
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

Can't be worse than the Rick sunglasses either way.

Seems like there are quite a few designers doing tops that are even more elongated than usual or with these sort of flaps at the moment. The basics especially are reminiscent of Damir's recent basics.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            i thought it was a joke (and a good one)

but
                            Come on, would I do that to you?! I was actually invited to the launch party, but it's hosted by some/things, bleh. Although I kinda want to check out Silencio.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tron
                              • Dec 2010

I don't mind the flap basics as they'd be good for layering but the leather is a little much. I have high hopes for the upcoming season but there are some negative signs.
                              "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• surver
                                • Oct 2007

Symposium – The Samurai & The Warrior | Lumen et Umbra vs. Boris Bidjan Saberi

Symposium – The Samurai & The Warrior | Lumen et Umbra vs. Boris Bidjan Saberi

The University of Bologna‘s pioneering approach to fashion led Fabriano Fabbri, President of the Second Level Fashion Degree, to organize a symposioum, helded on the 2nd of April at the Rimini based ZoneModa space. The event hosted a debate between two radical and unconventional designers: Boris Bidjan Saberi and Issei Fujita from Lumen et Umbra. Allegorically viewed as the fighters of the fashion’s common senses, Boris and Issei explained their very own creative languages that separate their works from the oppressive traditional dynamics of designing, production and sale. The connection with the contemporary reality doesn’t disappear, but is explored through unusual ways, which often are a direct expression of the designer’s individual feelings, just his curious desire of experimentation without any immediate purpose, and thought secondly for the public. There’s the desire to beat the time flow through very slow artisianal techniques, which survive at the main stream’s seasonal politics. Issei, locked in his silence, let digital videos talk about his work, deliberately non-figurative, which revealed the Lumen et Umbra‘s attempt to go into the the textures of fabrics, in order to extract their inner energy an understand their secret algorithm. So Fujita approach to clothes could be seen as an endogenous process of deconstruction that tear apart and reassemble the garments, like they were digital images, made up of millions of decomposable pixels. Boris, instead, told us how his vocation for design has always been drived by an instinctive desire of play with shapes and materials, inspired by his ideological and cultural mix. Post-apocalyptic scenes of a broken reality are reflected into the heavily altered garments, which portrait Saberi‘s harsh worldview. And if Lumen et Umbra’s treatments evoke a sort of meditative and ancestral power through the ancient art of craftsmanship processes, Boris’ aesthetic features a strong technologic and artificial appeal that elicit immediately an emotional reaction from the viewer. They both reach the final result through an endless dialogue between their own actions and the object, which responds in unexpected ways, innervated by a new energy that can never be fully controllable. So the concept of “fashion”, broadly speaking, has no meaning applied to their creations, and is replaced by a series of naked garments: living and usable metaphors of intimate thoughts.

Photography: Ilaria Picardi e Celeste Priore

(from http://leparadox.com/symposium-the-s...bidjan-saberi/)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎