• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by brad1981 View Post
    these are really amazing,would prefer more detail on the designer
    How about you go do more research on them and come back here and share with us what you found. Contribute something.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
      • Jan 2007

Really wonderful collection, I like everything about this.

Shame that it seems to be hard to get access to for anyone outside of Japan. They have an online store with a limited selection of pieces but it only does domestic shipping so you'd need a proxy, and it seems the only foreign stockist is in Russia. That stockist has an online store too, but Matohu doesn't seem to be on there yet. Only a handful of items on yahoo and rakuten too.

Here's a few selections from the backstage photos of this show (most of the ones I didn't post are just models in their street clothes though).

Originally posted by jogu
      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Pumpfish
        • Sep 2010

On first glance, this could be well styled MaxMara, but on a closer look there is plenty going on.

The apparent weight of the tailoring fabrics is interesting. Looks heavy. Wonder if it is?

Tones and colour palate are superb. As good as Ackerman, but clearly different.

And I love the strength and modesty of the design.

Really wish this was more widely available.
        spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by brad1981 View Post
          these are really amazing,would prefer more detail on the designer
          Launched in 2005 by husband and wife Hiroyuki Horihata and Makiko Sekiguchi. Both are Bunka graduates, after which he worked as a pattern maker at Comme des Garçons, she worked as a pattern maker at Yohji Yamamoto (they were offered a sub-line of their own at Comme). They produce a lot of their own textiles and explore historical Japanese aesthetics - the first tend seasons were based on the aesthetics of the Monoyama period, 2005-2010 on the Keicho period. Basically they were not happy with the idea that Japanese designers relied on European ideals of beauty, so they focus on Japanese aesthetics, albeit reinterpreted and formed for modern living.

Oh and I absolutely love this collection, the textiles are insanely beautiful. There is so much detailing and subtle effects going on, but the full looks feel so at ease and organic.
          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• brad1981
            • Dec 2008

Faust: I did some research but end up with some info everyone might already know.really like these designers and will keep my eye on them
            ProfMonnitoff:great pics ,thx a lot
            Syed:thx for the description, I did not know they are couples. agree that the looks are quite "Japanese"

Comment

• Stijn
              • Jun 2011

Gorgeous fabrics indeed, really like this. Easy to wear yet still very interesting.

Comment

• myname
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by syed View Post
                Basically they were not happy with the idea that Japanese designers relied on European ideals of beauty,
                Not directing this at you Syed, but not sure how these two, having worked for Rei and Yohji, can say this.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎