X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macro
    • Apr 2008

SELF IMPORTANT JUDGES JUDGE - Robin Givhan has yet to get laid

My favorite stick-up-my-cold-dry-ass 'critic' of fashion is at it again. 10 to 1 she's never been laid, ever.

At Paris’s Fall 2012 Fashion Week, some designers offer little in the way of respect for their female customers.
    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

the comments are even worse than the article. yikes! this makes me think the highly publicized ousting of galliano for his off-color remarks has given way to a new monster...

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

WTF is this shit.

Instead, the most memorable aspect of Owens’s Fall 2012 runway show was not his palette of moss, mushroom, and cocoa or his splendidly balanced proportions, but a single, unshakeable question: What’s his beef with women?
      Maybe it's supposed to be ironic?
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        the comments are even worse than the article. yikes!
        Anyone who is boycotting the Rush Limbaugh advertisers because Rush used the word "slut" should also boycott any Rick Owens product.
        "Bitch" is no more acceptable than "slut".
        Women, and the men who love them, should no longer accept these derogatory terms being bantered about the public arena.
        Boycott Rick Owens Now.
        5. char.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

political correctness is a disease
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• North
            • Sep 2008

While Owens directed a presentation that ultimately belittled women, designer Peter Copping at Nina Ricci took great delight in creating a collection that blended loose tailoring with lingerie references. A champagne-colored dress in lining silk was beautifully rumpled; a knit skirt with French seams was comfortably roughed up and a purple tweed coat looked warmly aged.

im glad she favors lingerie references over architecture.
            her article made me puke.

Comment

• Rosenrot
              • Aug 2010

Strange. Her article on Karl Lagerfeld was so much more well-articulated and well-researched. Can't believe they came from the same person.
              Originally posted by Patroklus
              Better too adventurous than not enough
              everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

A. I already posted this a few days ago in the RO F/W 12 collection thread. B. Macro, you sound exactly like a fratboy asshole that much of feminist criticism is directed against. She is critical because she doesn't get laid? That's the best you can offer?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  A. I already posted this a few days ago in the RO F/W 12 collection thread. B. Macro, you sound exactly like a fratboy asshole that much of feminist criticism is directed against. She is critical because she doesn't get laid? That's the best you can offer?
                  isn't most feminist criticism directed against other feminists?
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Lane
                    • Aug 2010

I really dont see the point in humoring her misguided points of views.

Comment

• Macro
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      isn't most feminist criticism directed against other feminists?
                      E, she writes like a prude, and from what i've gathered, often acts like one too. Her cunty sense of entitlement is as much a disease as her post-feminist malevolence. Obviously I exaggerate... but while she shows apparent 'courage' in being outspoken and can seem 'brutal' in her judgements, she exercises a poisonous megalomania and also, perhaps, exposing her resentment to the systematic transfer of power to bloggers and the ensuing descent to levity fashion has taken as a result.
                      The game is changing, and her viewpoint is losing relevance.

And A, exactly my inferred point here.
                      every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Macro View Post
                        E, she writes like a prude, and from what i've gathered, often acts like one too. Her cunty sense of entitlement is as much a disease as her post-feminist malevolence. Obviously I exaggerate... but while she shows apparent 'courage' in being outspoken and can seem 'brutal' in her judgements, she exercises a poisonous megalomania and also, perhaps, exposing her resentment to the systematic transfer of power to bloggers and the ensuing descent to levity fashion has taken as a result.
                        The game is changing, and her viewpoint is losing relevance.

And A, exactly my inferred point here.
                        But:

a) bloggers are even worst fashion critics because they're not critics at all...
                        b) these empty show provocations are indeed childish and should be denounced, if only to make me stop yawning when I look at collections. Shock art, shock fashion, same boring fight for attention.
                        c) If you think a woman is a cunt, go ahead and call her one but maybe there are some contexts where you should show some restraints. This is one of them
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

quick question, and sorry if this seems obvious to others, but what is so demeaning about the "cagelike masks"? and don't say its about restraint and control and power and the "prison" of being a woman in a male dominated society or some bullshit. thats just silly. its a fuckin accessory that the wearer, male or female, can easily take off whenever they are ready to. its just a sexy accessory thats all this is stupid. and i think what macro means by "getting laid" is for her to loosen the hell up. not everything is a statement on society that demands a moral reponse. jeezus.

the clothes are not even remotely misogynistic. the only potentially demeaning thing in this show is that stupid ass song that apparently is being horribly misinterpreted. and, btw robin, a woman's voice does dominate half the track
                          Last edited by cjbreed; 03-09-2012, 11:06 AM. Reason: overuse of f-bombs...
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• syed
                            • Sep 2010

Genuine question: did these same people kicked up a fuss with the Viktor & Rolf Fall 06 collection? It's what immediately came to mind with the masks. And I'd say the V&R ones would be more sinister (although I don't actually either are that sinister, they are merely an accessory) because they look more like cages/muzzles.

"Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Hiddenaway
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              quick question, and sorry if this seems obvious to others, but what is so demeaning about the "cagelike masks"? and don't say its about restraint and control and power and the "prison" of being a woman in a male dominated society or some bullshit. thats just silly. its a fuckin accessory that the wearer, male or female, can easily take off whenever they are ready to. its just a sexy accessory thats all this is stupid. and i think what macro means by "getting laid" is for her to loosen the hell up. not everything is a statement on society that demands a moral reponse. jeezus.

the clothes are not even remotely misogynistic. the only potentially demeaning thing in this show is that stupid ass song that apparently is being horribly misinterpreted. and, btw robin, a woman's voice does dominate half the track
                              I completely agree. Not to mention, if you pay attention or have paid attention to Rick's collections and work you would know he likes to make women feel strong and yet feminine and coquettish. Not to make this about Rick but I did not get that vibe from his collection at all. I got the brutalism right away and one thing I think Rick is exceptional at is doing simple things in his presentations that set the tone. In this case, fire, masks, and that song. And let's be honest, there's probably a 1% of fashion journalists who even heard that song before and knows the context behind it and the artist.

It's just unfortunate she can talk about having context and reference in one article (of which is in this section of the forum) and then write this drivel. Blah.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎