X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • several_girls
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
    if those news reports of them destroying/burning unsold clothes from a few years ago are true
    Not that I agree with the policy, but I thought this was a standard industry practice?

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

i love trees, but she really loves trees

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

Funny vid. Wanted to watch this before but youtube said it was removed for some reasons.

Comment

• coro
          • Dec 2008

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

@Mail-Moth and potentially others as well,

there is a huge article about Frank Leder on the german homepage of Financial Times. If there is enough interest, I could try to translate it.
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
              If this actually happens...I give up. H&M already suffocate the world with their trash (a quite literal description if those news reports of them destroying/burning unsold clothes from a few years ago are true), do they need to turn their hands onto higher tier fashion?

Then again I suppose anyone with money can do it these days, Kanye has a collection after all

those mainstream high fashion brands that collaborated with H&M really shot themselves in the foot. now it all comes back to bite them in the ass, hehe...

but who cares really? to me there's never been much difference between H&M and stella mccartney anyway.

Comment

• syed
                • Sep 2010

It's more the idea of the move and what it will lead to more than who is actually doing it or whatever stuff they'll produce (which no doubt will be safe and sellable). To quote Yohji, "People have started to waste fashion", and that really makes me sad. I dislike the way certain big companies seem to think if you have money you can muscle into the fashion industry without actually placing any value on design, but just sales...although perhaps it's actually that I dislike the fact that this type of move works and sells so well.
                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• KingJulien
                  • Oct 2011

^ The thing is you can muscle your way in that way. How do you guys feel about uniqlo? It's refreshing to see them doing well, to be honest, because they use economies of scale to give consumers quality, as opposed to H&M or Zara or any mall store, really, who leverage it in another direction (fashion/design instead of quality) and really just produce disposable clothing.

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Study finds people are more likely to LIE through text messages

^
                    Totally true.
                    Nobody lies to your face any more.

Technology.. has produced a society of cowards.

sain't

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by tron View Post
                      http://www.daoustnathalie.com/3d/
                      SFW photos from inside a jap love hotel (there are nsfw photos on the site though just not that page)
                      Kohei Yoshiyuki took some of the most lurid photos of a love hotel I've ever seen, although if you didn't know it beforehand probably couldn't even tell what you were looking at. I think he nailed the essence of what those joints are really about though, guess he really shot the 'gap' between real life and those rooms.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        Kohei Yoshiyuki took some of the most lurid photos of a love hotel I've ever seen, although if you didn't know it beforehand probably couldn't even tell what you were looking at. I think he nailed the essence of what those joints are really about though, guess he really shot the 'gap' between real life and those rooms.
                        I looked him up and found his work titled The Park. Such an interesting idea and I was really impressed by the execution in the sense that he actually assimilated with the voyeurs. Do you happen to have a link to that thing he did in the clubs though because I cannot seem to find anything.
                        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

yeah The Park is really the thing he's going to be remembered for i think. don't have a link to the love hotel shots, basically they are inserted at the end of the catalogue for The Park, they're still photographs shot off the security camera present in these love hotel rooms, but undoubtedly due to the poor picture quality they come off as a big bang of grain and distorted frequency with a hardly discernible subject. Knowing what the photos were trying to present gives a better internalized sense of that kind of vision of a sordid hell.
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Matis
                            • Feb 2010

Idk, it seems like he is trying too hard.
                            Last edited by Matis; 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                              • Mar 2009

^ I used to love David Lynch. Watching this makes me feel ashamed of it - much ashamed.
                              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

Yeah if you look at the dude's entire trajectory over all the media he works in the times he falls flat are often. I like that he puts his ass out there though, in the past year have learned to embrace failure as inevitable and even beneficial for the creative process, especially if you're looking at that process as basically being the whole of one's life.
                                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎