• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlightRight
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PoubelleMaBelle View Post
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

Any idea how to wear these? The sole looks pretty weak.

Could i get away with just putting taps on the back/front or would i have to vibram the sole? Because it seems like that would ruin the intended profile...
    I've tried those in black. I think the sole is pretty decent. As long as u don't go battle with it, the sole should be fine.
    But, u can always choose to put a vibram sole. White or grey vibram sole is pretty common to find at local cobblers.
    Here is a fit pic of my friend Pita. I bet he will not mind.

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      click me. even better on boots, for obvious reasons.
      Is this the same shade you're describing, Faust?

While I was contemplating whether or not to go for them (a matter of a few hours), they sold out in my size...
      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

This is more bronze than the ones I've seen. It seems like there are two versions - one has more bronze, another one less. But, yeah, something like this. Awesome.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• comedyzen
          • May 2009

The box labels these "black" but very distinct bronze hints throughout.

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

the Q15 bag in black has a hints of bronze on some area as well. i guess the dyeing process makes different from leather to leather.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• graydot
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by dmash View Post
              So the Guidi GB2 bag.......is this a somewhat ideal bag for carrying to class? As in, would a notebook, macbook, textbook and like a bottle water and gym clothes all fit? Also, more precisely, would the textbook/notebook be awkward inside or would it lay flat on the bottom quite well?
              i'm sure all your things will fit, probably with room to spare, but the bag is extremely heavy to begin with - add to that a laptop, textbook etc. and it will likely be unbearable to lug around.

Comment

• SlightRight
                • Mar 2011

Does anybody have the fit pics of the hiking boots?

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

I wish they would use a specific label distinction for the bronze/black. It's not new for there to be brown tones underneath the black but as they wear, the brown always seems to come through more.

Since mine generally come from online sources, I want my black to be black. Like 'black black' and not 'brown black.' I like the look of the bronze but it's not for me...I have a weird, irrational thing about brown footwear from days gone by but more than anything, brown boots don't work with most of my belts/clothes.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Suen
                    • Jan 2010

I am a ture size 41 in almost every shoes, and 42 is also fine to me. So in case I picked 788z in 43, it works to me. but I think I'll get next guidi in 42, that might fit me very well.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                      • Jun 2009

I've really been in love with these since I first saw them at IF. I'm trying to figure out if I'd ACTUALLY wear them. They are beautiful, but they probably wouldn't work with my, according to SZ, too-tight pants.
                      Le 21ème

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

Reminds me of an older pair of air force boots issued to fire responders and, iirc, mechanics. I don't remember the designation. They aren't bad, but a little too specific. Most outfits would just be better off with a different boot.

Comment

• sinnedk
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
                          DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

I've really been in love with these since I first saw them at IF. I'm trying to figure out if I'd ACTUALLY wear them. They are beautiful, but they probably wouldn't work with my, according to SZ, too-tight pants.
                          awful looks like something skrillex would wear, idk what guidi was thinking, they did a few pairs of boots that are just plain wtf

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sinnedk View Post
                            awful looks like something skrillex would wear, idk what guidi was thinking, they did a few pairs of boots that are just plain wtf
                            its just what used to be the standard in mountaineering boots.

chunky waffle vibram sole with norwegian welt to which you could attach crampons or even step into some trekking style skis. they are certainly hard to wed to the SZ aesthetic, but I've been lusting after a pair of these Guidis since Ink had them a few seasons ago. Chances are, I'd take them backpacking to see how they hold up compared to the real deal...

I consistently own a pair of vintage fabianos, scarpas, or vasques from when they were made in this style. I usually get them for between $70-$200 on ebay, depending on the condition. They don't look quite as murderously sweet as those midnight badboys above though...
                            Last edited by mortalveneer; 03-31-2012, 10:34 AM. Reason: boot family photo add
                            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• sinnedk
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2011

^but why pay over 1k for that, the purchase doesn't make sense, i mean ppl buy guidi for a quality boot for everyday purposes that don't include mountain climbing, there is gear for that, there is no point to have an awesome expensive mountain boot for style aesthetics, i don't see this going with any of the SZ main clothing lines

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

no.
                                people buy shit on sz because they like the concept and execution behind it.
                                in this case, guidi leather and construction as with ALL OTHER GUIDI PRODUCTS.
                                its up to each person's discretion and income bracket to buy as general or as specific as I want.

fuck if i were filthy rich I'd get ccp to make my toiler paper out of object tanned ass cheeks

hdg, those boots look great, actually seems not too out of place considering boris 12/13. i wouldn't though, considering your personal style is a little more streamlined of a silhouette.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎