X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego
    • Aug 2007

Re: Videogames

I agree with you and I think the control is something you get used to, I have owned playstation since psx and I thank sony that they didn't change it, the sixaxis sensor mode I used it in Lair and didn't like it but it's there and I think good developers like capcom, namco, square will do some good things with it in the future. We will see about storage limitations when rpgs start to arrive to xbox, right now I own lost odyssey and I hate having to change dvds you know?. One last thing, you can buy games online directly to your console with ps3, I bought tekken online and gran turismo prologue this way, don't know if I can do that with xbox.</p>

My son owns Zelda and resident evil 4 with the gun for the wii and they are great. </p>

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Lair was patched recently so you can use conventional dual analogue controls. I don't own the game but I've heard that the game still isn't really worth a purchase, which is disappointing because Factor 5, the studio behind it has, made some brilliant games in the past and this one showed real potential.</p>

I agree that the disc swapping in RPGs can be irritating, 4 discs for lost odyssey is fairly ridiculous. still, with such long RPG titles you are only really looking at a disc change every 15-20 hours [86]</p>

the 360 does have its live arcade service, which has some great titles like castlevania: symphony of the night (also on PSN), alien hominid, ikaruga and geometry wars. for retro titles, the PSN has playstation one titles available to download, and the XBLA service has xbox originals. the wii blows both of the consoles out of the water with its virtual console online store [73]
      </p>

one thing that annoyed me about the titles that were released both on PSN and blu-ray was the fact that the downloadable version weren't any cheaper than the physical copies, in fact it worked out cheaper for me to buy gran turismo and warhawk on blu-ray. if you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend Super Stardust HD on the PSN.

I thought resident evil 4 for the wii was a huge improvement over the previous versions, its going to be hard to go back to standard controls in RE5 after the precision that the wii remote offered.
      </p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

i just saw that ign gave gta IV a 10/10. i must buy a ps3 now.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

get it ddohnggo, you won't regret it. it really is as good as the reviewers are making it out to be, I've already sunk nearly 10 hours into it myself despite the fact that I'm supposed to be studying for mid-semester exams [86]

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

is there a smaller version of PS3? I'm not very up to date on the new consoles</P>

I also want to get a Wii, just for entertainment. any opinions on it? I havent even tried one but figured it might be fun.</P>

I havent played much games in recent years but Splinter Cell is one series I really like, especially Double Agent was great, so I'm looking forward to the next one this year.</P>
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Good taste Mike, winning eleven (pro evolution soccer) is the best game.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

yea definately. though I have to say that the 2008 version wasn't super exciting, nothing new really and the game play seems a bit slower somehow. having played it from V.3, I wish it would've improved a bit more. after constantly hearing how much Fifa is improving, it might become an interesting alternative.</P>
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Diego
                  • Aug 2007

I'v been playing it since version 6 and think that winning eleven 10 is the best, I always import winning eleven from Japan. In the 2008 version once you max all the players it gets better, and the playstation eye feature is great, you can take a picture and put your face on a player, the only thing that is shit is the online gaming mode, too slow.

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

the Wii is a great console, especially if you are a fan of Nintendo's first party titles.
                    </p>

so far there have only been rumors of a smaller version of the PS3, nothing official as of yet.</p>

splinter cell conviction looks incredible, a pretty big departure from the previous games as you are hiding within crowds of people, instead of just lurking in shadows. the first trailer is available here. ubisoft are only releasing it on xbox 360 and pc.
                    </p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

my sister ordered me a ps3. now i need to buy gta 4 and lock myself in my apt for a week.

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

Good choice bro, I need to check gta 4 myself I'v never played any gta.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

buy it and we'll play online and start the sz gang. or better yet, the ccp gang. BLADOWWWWWWW</p>

edit: diego, read the review http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html</p>

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

buy it and we'll play online and start the sz gang. or better yet, the ccp gang. BLADOWWWWWWW</p>

edit: diego, read the review http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html </p>

[/quote]</p>

Going to pick this up tomorrow. I have Xbox360 though....</p>

</p>

P.S. That trailer on IGN makes the game look amazing.. </p>
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

nice. you really do need to lock yourself in your apartment for a week, apparently the main storyline alone takes a full work week to complete, let alone all of the side missions and just screwing around.</p>

anyone doing any handheld gaming? I have a DS and I think it has a fantastic range of games. I imported a Japanese PSP back when they were first released, but sold it quite some time ago because I found the games on it to be rather disappointing. There were a few impressive games, but most of them just felt like cut down PS2 titles.
                              </p>

Comment

• Diego
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

edit: diego, read the review http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Ok, checked it, I'll buy it. I guess my wife won't have a problem if I pick up some virtual whores with you guys. Hey Cas, you should get the ps3 my friend.</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎