• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Re: Videogames

Maybe I should move to the enabler thread hehehe

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

I personally think the xbox 360 would be a better choice. I have both systems as well, and find that the Xbox has a better range of games. also if you have a look at the direct comparisons some of the cross-platform titles on the larger gaming media sites such as IGN, you'll find that the xbox generally comes out on top in terms of graphics and features.</p>

thats not to say that the PS3 doesn't have some brilliant exclusive titles though (can't wait for Metal Gear Solid 4).</p>

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Better range of games may be because it has more years on the market than ps3. Can't wait for metal gear solid 4, soul calibur 4, resident evil 5, gran turismo 5, etc...

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

thats true as well, but most games are cross platform nowadays anyway. I personally think that the 360 has the upper hand in terms of system exclusive titles (bioshock, gears of war, mass effect, etc) compared to the PS3 at the moment, but as you said that is possibly set to change with MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII and Gran Turismo 5 (prologue is excellent), as well as some interesting Playstation Network games coming like Little Big Planet and Wipeout HD

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

I agree, and yes prologue is great!, I bought it via Japanese psn ticket some months ago and is one of my favs together with tekken online.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                • Dec 2006

i have XBOX 360 right now and i love it - Forza Motorsport 2, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, etc. but no doubt i will get PS3 when Gran Turismo 5 comes out. if Granturismo 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 were not exclusive to PS3, i probably wouldn't be considering it at all. PS3 had weak launch games, but they seem to have an exclusive on popular sequels that seem to necessitate buying a PS3.

Comment

• Classique
                  • Apr 2008

I am a casual gamer - Playstation 3.</p>

Exclusively bought for FIFA 08 &amp; Blu-ray; Grand Theft Auto 4 is on Pre-order.</p>

I am pretty talented, for those who want a challenge on the Playstation Network. [75]
                  </p>

</p>

Comment

• diamonds
                    • Dec 2006

I've been considering a PS3... MGS4, MGS Online, Grand Theft Auto (with online multiplayer), blu-ray player.... sounds good to me.</p>

</p>

But then I'll need a new TV, and that's only the beginning of a vicious cycle.</p>

Comment

• firstlove
                      • Apr 2008

no video games for me. theres only one game. Starcraft.</P>

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

I would love to play against you classique, but I own winning eleven 2008, not fifa08 you should give it a try if you like soccer games. Ok here are some images of upcoming ps3 games, for those of you that are still undecided:</p>

gran turismo 5 (ps3 exclusive)</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

metal gear solid 4 (ps3 exclusive)</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

final fantasy XIII (ps3 exclusive)</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span> </p>

tekken 6 (ps3 exclusive)</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span></p>

soul calibur 4 (vader is ps3 exclusive, xbox gets yoda)</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span> </p>

resident evil 5 (better control, blu-ray format on ps3)</p>

the last remnant (better control, blu-ray format on ps3)</p>

edit- Like I said I own xbox360 elite so I agree that gears of war 2, ninja gaiden 2 and too human are going to be good, but for people that are thinking of buying just ps3 or xbox, I think ps3 is the best option. I have to be fair so here are the 360 games:</p>

too human</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

ninja gaiden 2 </p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

gears of war 2 (no pictures found) </p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I"m getting pestered about getting an xbox 360... I'm a HUGE resident evil and metal gear solid fan. My friend at school can't stop looking at the new GTA4 gameplay clips either.</P>

For now... I just got a wii hehehe</P>

Damn though... ps3 may just take it with these games. Killer.</P>
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jsp
                            • Jan 2008

Yeah, can't wait for GTA4 to come out. Right now I just play wii sports and game emulators.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

some great games coming out in the next year or so.</p>

xbox 360 is getting the last remnant, resident evil 5 and soul calibur 4 as well [66]
                              </p>

some 360 exclusive titles coming out this year worth keeping an eye on are:</p>

Gears of War 2</p>

Ninja Gaiden II</p>

Too Human [73]
                              </p>

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

haha, I didn't know that there was going to be separate exclusive playable characters on the PS3 and 360 versions of soul calibur 4. I guess that gives the PS3 version a slight edge because Vader is so badass.</p>

as for the PS3 controls being superior, that is highly subjective. I hated using the sixaxis tilt control in heavenly sword and warhawk, and it is more of a gimmick than anything in most of the other games. in regards to the the blu-ray format, if the game is multiformat then it has to be made to fit on a regular dual layer dvd anyway, and I have only seen a handful of titles actually take advantage of the extra storage for special features and the like.</p>

still, both are great systems and the blu-ray playback on the ps3 is a big selling point.
                                </p>

also love the wii, Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Resident Evil 4 are excellent, and I just picked up Mario Kart. looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl getting released here in Australia too.
                                </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎