X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Wow...I think this is an amazing presentation. I like this as much as I disliked the mens AW12. I agree with what a few said about maturation but only subtly. It's the rich textures and silhouettes that really put it over the top for me. Didn't hurt that the presentation has a consistency to the feel of the garments and the mood of the show.

I think it's easy for designers as established as rick to slide by when they get to a certain level. We've seen that over the years...this ebb and flow of effort and talent but I really do think that all hype aside, this is an epic showing and collection. If I was designing womenswear, I think I'd feel like it's time to step the game up in the shadow of all of this.

It's not too gothy...not sporty...refined and even classic with a very modern feel to it. The close ups are really what get me worked up. I like the plaids in the context of how they're sparingly used and even that really light brown color.

Just excited to see something from Rick again that I genuinely love, even if it's a bunch of clothing I'll never get to really experience beyond this show.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Lypophrenia
      • Dec 2011

Amazing! I can't stop looking at the pictures.
      The plaid is meh but everything else is so inspiring. I want one of the headpieces

Comment

• between
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

Funny, but the soundtrack for this show
        (the one playing in my head, anyway), is this, and only this:

" fire, fire, fire..."

and i was thinking of this:

Comment

• Pumpfish
          • Sep 2010

I'm coming back to the painful realisation that fashion really is for women with a tiny ghetto for men.

Rick, Junya, even Ann are doin it for the girls.

I see fluidity and movement against some pretty monumental lines in this superb collection.
          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
            Wow...I think this is an amazing presentation. I like this as much as I disliked the mens AW12.
            Ah, the perfect expression I was looking for, hahah.
            It's great. I also agree with "classic with a modern (albeit very noticable) twist". The silhouette is great and the textures seem fantastic. I like the cropped leathers combined with the skirts.
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• between
              • Oct 2011

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

some detail shots / backstage antics from Dazed
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                  I'm coming back to the painful realisation that fashion really is for women with a tiny ghetto for men.

Rick, Junya, even Ann are doin it for the girls.
                  This has more to do with market forces and the dearth of creative menswear than a ruling from God on gender dichotomy in fashion and personal style.

a long time ago it really was the other way around

Comment

• Qwerty
                    • Oct 2011

Unlike SS2012, I find this quite unappealing - too heavy, cumbersome, lost in layers and layers of drab grey drapery, hefty leather worn like the weight of the world on one's shoulders, void of charm and utterly joyless! Not unlike this smiley ->

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Any videos surfaced yet?

This lady from the Daily Beast found the show misogynist. I wonder what the ladies of SZ feel.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BBYY
                        • Mar 2008

Who is that bitch ?
                        Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ I hope that was humor.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• safeword123
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Any videos surfaced yet?

This lady from the Daily Beast found the show misogynist. I wonder what the ladies of SZ feel.
                            i totally echo her feelings! i am sorry, but the cage thing just reminds me too much of Scold's Brindle, or something that the slaves were forced into wearing. the brutality of it just makes me unable to shake off that image. i am not inclined to believe that's what RO intended, but gosh, with that music in the background and fire and all, it just sends chills down on my spin.

Comment

• between
                              • Oct 2011

it's crazy to think of Rick as a misogynist. i find him to be the exact opposite of that, the way he hides women's body and doesn't let an inch of flesh show is obviously a reaction towards all the clothes that turn them into overly sexual, vulgar creatures.
                              i find Balmain's point of view, for example, to be much more degrading for women.

Comment

• between
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Czx View Post
                                But what makes us think they are not strong and determined? Why would a woman in a caged mask be interpreted as weak? Who's put such a caged mask on her body? Why not she herself? The masks look beautiful, so they could easily be interpreted as something deliberately worn.
                                exactly. the masks actually reminded me of an armor, which concurs with the ideas of strenght and power, and not at all of a mask that would captivate the woman and that she would be forced into wearing.

and there's even no need to look for symbols, it can simply be seen as a purely aesthetic object that compliments the clothes. and that's just it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎