• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnarjen
    • Oct 2009

lanvin for h&m

So this is happening..

H&M Said Linking Up with Lanvin

PARIS — It looks like H&M has snared one of the hottest labels in Europe — Lanvin — for its next designer collaboration.
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

was only a matter of time.

it'll probably be the best one yet. if you can't get the fabric at least you can get some sense of the shape, which is a good bang for H&M bucks.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Atom
      • Sep 2009

Well, are the actual clothes that important in collaborations like this anyway? (They'll probably be poorly made from cheap materials, with lots of compromises made in the production.)

These collaborations are important, and interesting, mostly as marketing tools.

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Well, let's face it: in this particular case it makes a whole lot of sense; Lanvin clothes are aesthetically reflective of people who can't afford the actual clothes for the most part (i guess i'm talking mainly about the menswear, but it applies somewhat to the whole board). Obviously there's a lot of integrity sacrificed as the Lanvin appeal, including the silhouette, is dependent on the specific use of fabric. But if they can approximate the "look" it's a two-way win.
        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Atom View Post
          Well, are the actual clothes that important in collaborations like this anyway? (They'll probably be poorly made from cheap materials, with lots of compromises made in the production.)

These collaborations are not important, and not interesting, they are marketing tools.
          Fixed.

The clothes will be shit, of course. It is said that Lanvin is doing it - Albez seems to be the one designer who genuinely cared for the beauty of his clothes, as opposed to Lagerfeld or Kawakubo who care mostly about their egos.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
            Well, let's face it: in this particular case it makes a whole lot of sense; Lanvin clothes are aesthetically reflective of people who can't afford the actual clothes for the most part (i guess i'm talking mainly about the menswear, but it applies somewhat to the whole board). Obviously there's a lot of integrity sacrificed as the Lanvin appeal, including the silhouette, is dependent on the specific use of fabric. But if they can approximate the "look" it's a two-way win.
            What Lanvin have you been looking at?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Atom
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              Lanvin clothes are aesthetically reflective of people who can't afford the actual clothes for the most part.

Obviously there's a lot of integrity sacrificed as the Lanvin appeal, including the silhouette, is dependent on the specific use of fabric. But if they can approximate the "look" it's a two-way win.
              Yes, I agree. And I'll probably visit H&M the day they're released.

All I said was that the clothes themselves play only small part in collaborations like these, and these collabs should be viewed more from the marketing point of view.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

And I say they should be viewed purely from the marketing point of view. It's just a different type of advertising. I mean, the people who do these collabs think that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

“I have a problem to do a collection that is a secondary line. I mean, you don’t want to be the stepsister. You want to be Cinderella. Show me one girl who wants to be the stepsister.”

-Alber Elbaz in The New Yorker, 3/16/09

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ bingo

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                      “I have a problem to do a collection that is a secondary line. I mean, you don’t want to be the stepsister. You want to be Cinderella. Show me one girl who wants to be the stepsister.”

A H&M collaboration wouldn't represent the stepsister, either - it's the mutant child chained to a water pipe in the basement.

I like the way the womens' clothing looks, but the mens' is no longer of interest to me...the sense of humor I used to see isn't there anymore.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

^ ive got friends who think the same , they dont like lanvin homme anymore . i read that alber is doing some of the designs for menswear startin with this winter and i do see the change in the clothes . look at current fw and next summers shit , feels very different from past few seasons , like next summers jewelry i hate and some of it is str8 up from this winters womens jewelry ( i noticed it when i was lookin at the ad campaigns for women rite now and then saw some a the same necklaces on the men for next spring ).
                        i wonder if hes gonna be doin all the menswear for h&m also or if lucas is gonna handle it

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

I kinda agree with you, Real Real. Also the forays into casuality I'm not so fond of...$1200 paint splattered jeans?!
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• ES3K
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post

They already do a "secondary line", but not branded as such. it appears to me that 2/3 of their recent collections, mainly all the unstructured blazers etc, are "made in romania" (or some other eastern europe country, can't remember really) and priced around EUR 600-700, blazers made in italy are EUR 1200+.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                              • Jan 2007

For what its worth mens Lanvin already has the 15 Faubourg line but it's really not diffusion.
                              Originally posted by jogu
                              i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎