Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman
    • Apr 2008

if i was at home i could show you the stock photos from Brown's and you can see that it is identical (save the material?)

here is my crummy photo from a year or two ago

sad day for Lanvin; he said in one of his videos that it won't be Lanvin going public but rather H&M going luxe. this is clearly not the case. not much of a collab, more like a licensed copy hah

Comment

• syed
      • Sep 2010

The difference in quality will be tremendously apparent though. H&M shoes are not exactly meant for the long run, even if Alber was trying to convince us that H&M had upped their quality. I suspect they will disappear from the streets before Spring.
      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I think the difference in those shoes is pretty obvious, the H&M ones look like chinese plastic whereas the Lanvins have a more metallic look with a pretty neat variation in the colour tone.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mesko
          • Nov 2009

JoniF, that video is embarrassing.

Comment

• lmaozedong
            • Jan 2010

even if the difference in quality is immediately apparent, h&m quality metallic shoes doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. it's not as if I'd wear them to the ground by wearing them every day. had thoughts about buying the real metallic derbies, but may just buy these even if they look cheap.

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

Yeah, honestly, H&M metallic derbies make a lot of sense. Makes more sense to buy $80 shiny shoes that you'll only wear occasionally than $700 shoes you'll only wear occasionally.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

that scene where the 2 girls wearin the same dress run into each other is the kinda shit thats gonna happen . im imagining some girls punchin each other when this debuts to snatch the dress from each others hands , then later that nite they go out and see like 4 other girls wearin the exact same dress and she'll feel salty as hell bout gettin a black eye just so she could buy it also . part of the magic is gone when she realizes her " lanvin " dress is gonna be had by a shitload of other people across the country

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                  Yeah, honestly, H&M metallic derbies make a lot of sense. Makes more sense to buy $80 shiny shoes that you'll only wear occasionally than $700 shoes you'll only wear occasionally.
                  if someone forcefully gave me a pair, I'd take the H&M's because I'd feel less bad when throwing them away
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

The t-shirts being offered for the womenswear sum up pretty much everything wrong with this collaboration for me. H&M, Topshop and Zara already ripped off the Lanvin t-shirts and offered them for cheaper than the collaboration price. Now H&M are releasing essentially the same thing but with the Lanvin stamp of approval.

Those t-shirts will become the same as the Kane for Topshop - nothing to do with aesthetics or design philosophy, but a logo that the wearer is keeping up with the 'latest fashion'. For me it is a way of showing off, it screams 'Lanvin', and I guess that is what the collaboration is for most people. I am not saying the t-shirts are necessarily bad, however what is bad is the way they will be used and what they will come to signify.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• ironman
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                      to me, that's like saying it makes more sense a replica Lamborghini than the real thing just because you won't drive it everyday. or buying a fake Dior Napoleon or CCP fencing or box jeans because you expect to only wear it occasionally

i understand that this isn't exactly fakes/replicas, but it may as well be lol. as i've said before, looks much more like licensed copies than a collab to me. the items are (more or less) signature and staple Lanvin items remade cheaply 1:1

i dunno, i don't think i am the only one with certain items that see noticeably less use than others? in my opinion, just because something will see less wear does not mean it is worth less money

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

^ The clothes you wear the least are the ones that effectively cost you the most. Or so my father likes to tell me.

But I agree with you, I don't think because there is something you wear less often that you ought to spend less on it. Everyone probably has a suit in their cupboard that they really only pull out for certain occasions, or even a tux, which is classic in style, but you'd be willing to pay a little extra for the quality and fit.

Comment

• soulp0
                          • Apr 2008

/\ totally agree.
                          think about a formal jacket or a couture gown. those are the things we pay for quality, style and other intangible factors.
                          but i understand the perspective of mao and serve2000 too, as it focuses more on cost and frequency of use. some people wear designer stuff everyday so it makes sense for them to consider that factor.
                          some luxury is just not for everyday...

Comment

• Lane
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            I think the difference in those shoes is pretty obvious, the H&M ones look like chinese plastic whereas the Lanvins have a more metallic look with a pretty neat variation in the colour tone.
                            hmm, that is plausible based upon pics. There definitely is gonna be a quality difference. That's for sure...

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                            that scene where the 2 girls wearin the same dress run into each other is the kinda shit thats gonna happen . im imagining some girls punchin each other when this debuts to snatch the dress from each others hands , then later that nite they go out and see like 4 other girls wearin the exact same dress and she'll feel salty as hell bout gettin a black eye just so she could buy it also . part of the magic is gone when she realizes her " lanvin " dress is gonna be had by a shitload of other people across the country
                            LOL

I seriously laughed so hard reading this because it's so true. Also, the idiots that will pay inflated prices on ebay will be the saddest bunch.

Comment

• Fashion news, backstage photos, fashion trends, catwalk videos, supermodel interviews, beauty trends and celebrity party photos, brought to you by British Vogue

Here is the whole collection. Just plain tacky.

Comment

• kuugaia
                                • Feb 2010

Is that why people wear leather jackets every day now? I think it's a shame that people feel the need to wear something more just because they paid more money for it, designer good or not. The 'value' of wearing a garment is in the experience whilst actually wearing it. Which is why a wedding suit, that may only be worn once, is still worth the $5000 because it's the valuable experience whilst wearing it. Same with other outstanding pieces like coats, leathers, etc.

Shit used to be cool when you busted it out on an occasion, not every occasion. Loses the feeling imo.

^ Yes, tacky is an accurate description. I can just imagine those metallic shoes fucking up so bad after a few wears.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎