X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by merz
    as to where to kop jurius, buying from japan keeps getting more costly, to the point of verging upon retail stateside. the price increases over the past few years have gotten a little absurd.
    que? japanese retail prices have remained consistent for 4+ years, it's just the US dollar has got a lot shittier..

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    some nice pieces, particularly the last long coat. also thinking that the fabric iteration of the moto might be a nice option for a light jacket.
    I've got a similarly lightweight midwest mainline collaboration piece in a very breathable cotton, easily my most frequently worn jacket. perfect jacket for anyone who lives in a tropical climate.

Comment

• diorowen
      • Aug 2010

well, personally I love all julius collection,maybe I am being brainwashed by his collection. haha.. as for the aircut, please dont call it fake air cut, although it has the same concept, but it looks different configuration. and personally I love this one better than rick's aircut. due to the zip configuration. :D

and just like faust said, the lightweight cotton jacket is really a good choice for summer jacket. haha, really grateful Horikawa made the cotton version of the moto. so I can get the moto and wear it in summer. since summer in melbourne is really hot, and I dont think wearing leather in summer is a good idea.

btw, upsilonkng, the full collection and delivery dates can be seen in noseglass., be careful though..haha.. impulsive buying warning.
      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Raw
        • Oct 2009

Agree that the rayon cotton moto would be nice for warmer weather, not sure if it would work for Melbourne summer though. I usually stick to tees or long sleeves.

Comment

• Zenith
          • Jun 2009

I though the MA line would also be produced in size zero...all the pre-orders I saw were strictly sizes 1-3...

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

where can you pre-order?

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
              I though the MA line would also be produced in size zero...all the pre-orders I saw were strictly sizes 1-3...
              Size 0 exists but the store has to order it. You will probably need to find a store that carries it alongside women's brands.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

What leather is used for this moto?
                Insights/thoughts from anyone who has handled this?

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

its the same moto shown along with the SS11 collection.

feels as good as any _7 leather, fits on the bigger side. I tried on a sample size (2 I think) which I was able to get on and even zip, even though I'm usually a 3-4 in Julius.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

Thanks A.

That's what i figured but wasn't certain 'cause the leather looked shinier than previous pics. It's likely the photography i guess...(?)

Comment

• kuriz
                      • Nov 2010

Gosh I'm glad I had too much spare time and fell over this post accidently. What pieces! Can't wait to when I figure out what special designer and piece of clothing shall be my first 'unique' buy. Ula,thank you SZ^^

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        feels as good as any _7 leather, fits on the bigger side. I tried on a sample size (2 I think) which I was able to get on and even zip, even though I'm usually a 3-4 in Julius.
                        hoping it fits about the same as previous motos, otherwise I'm boned..

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

actually, scratch my sizing advice because that is mostly based on non-leather pieces, I don't have a lot of experience on the leathers so its better for someone else to comment
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

most of this and the boots(heavily inspired by Rick) is available at idheart.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

just received my Julius MA moto leather jacket (which I preordered 3 months ago) and have to disagree with your feedback on it Y.

the leather is intentionally thin and light. this, along with the likes of some of Rick's S/S leathers from a few seasons back (SS08 comes to mind), is one of the few leathers that truly works as a spring/summer jacket. I can't imagine you could comfortably wear most leather jackets in most of SE Asia, however this jacket would be more than wearable in that sort of climate.

while there is a shine to the leather I'd say it's a reasonably subtle sheen. I found the leather to have a silky and luxurious look & feel to it, which I feel is very much the direction the MA range is going for in contrast to the hard-edged industrial pieces of the mainline.

I actually like the vertical darting a lot, the horizontal seam is subtle enough that it never bothered me upon seeing and handling the jacket in person.

oh yeah, it does fit about the same as previous _7 moto leathers so the fit of the size 0 on me ain't bad.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

D, I'm glad you're happy with the jacket, i guess it's just not for me.
                                Totally forgot about the new size 0s.

Mods: I posted my thoughts on this jacket in the Julius mainline thread, incorrectly. Apologies. Please move if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎