Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

i just cant help but not look at the kitchen utensils in the models hair...
    Maybe id appreciate it alot more if they were not there but they are.

I feel that with each look/outfit you need a front, side and back photograph to really understand what your looking at. Im pretty bored with what he is doing i find it too much.
    I hate the super high collars and the really extreme shapes; i don't understand how people are saying this is so wearable because since when did ricks average customer live in an ice palace and become 6 feet tall. Dunno when people say wearable i would have to be able to use the tube/subway and walk into a bar/club bathroom without my clothes dragging across a dirty floor.

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

^ wearable doesn't have to mean utilitarian. You can walk onto the red carpet in that dress, or appear at some major event no problem. And apart from the long dresses that ask for an event, everything else is perfectly wearable, with some pieces even easily being everyday-wear.

Comment

• chiclondon
        • Sep 2009

love to see that he finally moves forward to the more feminine direction for this new SS2011 collection

Comment

• Teejay
          • Apr 2010

I have always felt his womenswear was very feminine and this collection is no exception. I like the fluidity of the gowns although a few of them look as if the material is stiff; The hair pieces are clever as well.

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

sometimes when i use the word ' wearable " i actually mean or am thinking more along the lines of street wearable . i see what snafu means and i kinda feel the same about it , but thats not to say i dislike this . its kinda how i feel about gareth pugh also . i can appreciate alot of his stuff but its too , i cant think of a word here maybe dramatic .

Comment

• Mar 2009

go buy some undercover if you want safe and street wearable clothes.

I'd wear all of this except the heels, tube tops and the tops+dresses that the top half part is like this

It looks wonderful. I'd love to see more women in (runway) rick (instead of boring tees).
              A friend showed me pictures of this one who got maried wearing all white rick clothes and it looked absolutely wonderful.

& the kitchen utensils are nice, would love to wear them.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by *** View Post

I'd wear all of this except the heels, tube tops and the tops+dresses that the top half part is like this

It looks wonderful. I'd love to see more women in (runway) rick (instead of boring tees).
                A friend showed me pictures of this one who got maried wearing all white rick clothes and it looked absolutely wonderful.

& the kitchen utensils are nice, would love to wear them.
                Now that is pretty awesome.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by *** View Post

"They no longer make noise, they make clothes now." -Cotonblanc
                  WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Mar 2009

sad (yet funny) but true.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Who? View Post

"They no longer make noise, they make clothes now." -Cotonblanc
                      That is one brilliant line.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by metin View Post
                        My absolute favorite women's collection from Rick in the past few years. The strength of the silhouette, the not-so-obvious rehashing of his usual inspirations, and thank god we've moved from fashionable nuns to stylish high priestesses. Raf can keep his "techno-couture" maxis; I'm sure 9 out of 10 women would prefer a dress or skirt from Rick any day of the week.
                        If rick would create stylish high priestwear, that would be my absolute favorite men's collection. What ss2011's boyfriend would wear is what I would like to wear..... unfortunately, rick's ss2011 menswear doesn't suit the purpose. However, CCP spiral seamed pants + similarly colored high collar CCP leather jacket would - its almost a spacesuit.
                        "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                          • Nov 2010

My personal interpretation of Ricks clothing is that for the women's line he gets to be more experimental and "free" in his design while on the men's line he just makes clothes that he would like to wear himself.

That being said and back to topic, I kind of like this. It's not too out there and I could certainly see this working for special event's, i.e. red carpet, ballroom parties etc.

Over all a good solid collection in my humble opinion.

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Destroyer, that was true before he put men on stage. Since then, one can see how he takes many experimental shapes from women to men. Look at women ss10, how it inspires men ss11, etc
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• 8bpc
                              • May 2010

I'm not sure how I feel about SS2011 as a whole, but some of the pieces stand out. The skirt (22nd row of photos down from the heading) on http://models.com/mdx/?p=4930 is lovely, it looks so delicate - almost looks as if her legs are coming out the top of a calla lily.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎