No announcement yet.

Rick Owens Women's SS11 Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have to get one of those combs. and if it breaks ill stab "someone" with it.

Comment

• metin
      • Dec 2008

My absolute favorite women's collection from Rick in the past few years. The strength of the silhouette, the not-so-obvious rehashing of his usual inspirations, and thank god we've moved from fashionable nuns to stylish high priestesses. Raf can keep his "techno-couture" maxis; I'm sure 9 out of 10 women would prefer a dress or skirt from Rick any day of the week.

Comment

• ardeetee
        • Apr 2007

beautiful, but im dying to see some photos of the backs of these looks

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

images replaced with better ones as promised.

lovely collection. I'll echo the sentiments that the mens wear should even moderately follow this direction instead of going backwards.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

I'm not sure why people are so hard on the mens collections. Almost everyone who posts on WAYWT has a bit of Rick, and, it seems to me, his jackets, shoes, tracksuit trouser thingies etc are still highly popular. What is the direction being taken in the womenswear? And what would that translate to in the menswear?

The looks at the start of the collection here are very elegant, the short tight-fitting tops and the long flowing A line skirt sections. It gets bit Blake's 7 as it goes on though - retro-futuristic sci-fi - and the attempts at adornment (the bat-ears etc) really are badly done. For me, I just see the silly headpieces and ankle-fluffies, and it just detracts from the clothing. I'm still not convinced by Rick when he moves away from anything largely "basic" - I think that's his strength, and he's found it with menswear, but not yet for womenswear.

Comment

• ronin
              Banned
              • Dec 2009

I suprisingly love this, as I've never been thoroughly interested in Rick. Globally I like most looks, beautiful shapes, interesting volumes, I love the early XIXth feel of the first looks (backshots would be interesting), I love the "layers" of the short skirts that seem to be made of a single piece of fabric, I love the purity of the asymetrical white gown. I dislike the footwear though (don't mind the thorn sandals but the fluffy ones are rather distracting in my opinion, even though they do somehow balance the short skirts)

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                I'm not sure why people are so hard on the mens collections. Almost everyone who posts on WAYWT has a bit of Rick, and, it seems to me, his jackets, shoes, tracksuit trouser thingies etc are still highly popular. What is the direction being taken in the womenswear? And what would that translate to in the menswear?
                the basics and leathers are always very wearable (even though there has been talk of quality issues), and I understand that he plays it somewhat safe be redoing a lot of the classic items each season. but as an actual collection, the last men's one was quite boring. I suppose what I'd like to see from him is a bit more vision instead of the same old. the current FW was actually interesting even though I didn't like all of it, but SS10 and SS11 were pretty uninteresting.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• huckleberry
                  • Jul 2009

tier 3 mage? ohoho I went there.

Nice collection over all and definetly seems to have more wearability than some of his other recent collections.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

more pics, backstage and catwalk. Looked pretty intimate compared to last season?

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      the basics and leathers are always very wearable (even though there has been talk of quality issues)........I suppose what I'd like to see from him is a bit more vision instead of the same old. the current FW was actually interesting even though I didn't like all of it, but SS10 and SS11 were pretty uninteresting.

exactamundo...
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• andrew
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post

tier 3 mage? ohoho I went there.
                        I dont know what one of those is but this collection makes me wish they would make a new film version of Dune and let rick do the costumes for the bene gesserit.

i think this is much better than the last collection, two of the things i really disliked about AW was the bulk of the garments and the peripheral noise of embellishment; this season seems restrained embellishment wise and I really like the way he has used the stiffer taffeta-esc fabrics to emphasize his shapes rather than just sew a duvet to them for bulk.

Also i agree his "basic" work is his best but by basic i mean less seams less clutter generally: simplified construction not simple construction.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Am I the only person who's not crazy about this?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rosenrot
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Am I the only person who's not crazy about this?
                            I'm with you there. While I like the long silhouettes, I'm not blown away by the collection, especially the shoes. Maybe I'm just not fond of exposing too much of my feet for the whole world to scrutinise.

To be honest I'd like to wear the floor-length dresses but then I remembered that I have to walk over puddles and grass fields. -1 on everyday wearability.
                            Originally posted by Patroklus
                            Better too adventurous than not enough
                            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

more pics, backstage and catwalk. Looked pretty intimate compared to last season?

http://models.com/mdx/?p=4930
                              Looking at these photographs felt like being in a dream. Every visual element came together at a level rarely seen. It's Rick, all grown up; his best work to date. *though Fall 2002 will forever remain my personal favorite, because it most closely translates to how I actually dress.

I wish I'd have been at this particular show. sigh.. Thank you for posting this, F.

Originally posted by theaddict View Post

If I would be a woman I would be fully decked in Rick... especially the leather pieces...
                              The first time I saw his leathers, long before I could afford even a tank top, I vowed to one day make this sentiment a reality (the being a woman part notwithstanding, lol; kinda already had that one in the bag).

I'm grateful that it's come to fruition; there's no other designer whose clothes I feel more 'myself' in.

ledger - yes, The Sky Was Pink was the soundtrack. And it was spot-on for this particular show.

faust - you're not crazy about it because he didn't slash them floor-sweeping skirts up to kingdom come like Ann did. ⎝⏠⏝*⎠

sain't

Comment

• Mar 2009

Theres not a single pieces that I dislike.
                                I really want a floor-lenght dress (or skirt) and I have something for the bracelets and the metal "things" the models had in their hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎