• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the combs in their hair was from bone

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      more pics, backstage and catwalk. Looked pretty intimate compared to last season?

http://models.com/mdx/?p=4930
      beyond words, the most emotional I have ever gotten over a collection. photos captured it beautifully, thanks f-

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

faust - you're not crazy about it because he didn't slash them floor-sweeping skirts up to kingdom come like Ann did. ⎝⏠⏝*⎠

No, it's just Rick added one long dress (in different colors) and everyone is falling all over themselves about how amazing the whole thing is.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sascha
          • Nov 2008

Mirror Mirror

I was impressed with Rick's ability to translate the current zeitgeist. Every consumer out there is thinking in a more practical, subdued manner, and we (his customer) don't want that to mean looking matronly or normal. I don't know about you, but I have been inclined lately to just through on an easy piece or two, look amazing, and call it a day.

I believe he pulled off a stellar collection of extremely wearable, sober pieces that will last a lifetime and not necessarily be recognized as a specific season and look dated.

Bravo, once again.
          Subversive inspiration for the black on black crowd The Epicene Dream

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

at a certain point vanilla ice crept into my head and I can't get him out
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

no, like I said, I think it mirrors the unflattering shapes of men's ss 11.
              I feel like I've seen some form of the zig zag and asymetric zip about 40 times by now in his collections.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Am I the only person who's not crazy about this?

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

i see nothing practical or subdued about this.

Originally posted by Sascha View Post
                I was impressed with Rick's ability to translate the current zeitgeist. Every consumer out there is thinking in a more practical, subdued manner, and we (his customer) don't want that to mean looking matronly or normal. I don't know about you, but I have been inclined lately to just through on an easy piece or two, look amazing, and call it a day.

I believe he pulled off a stellar collection of extremely wearable, sober pieces that will last a lifetime and not necessarily be recognized as a specific season and look dated.

Bravo, once again.

Comment

• eat me
                  • May 2009

It's so good it makes wanna cry. Yet again! One has to realise how hard it is for a designer with such a specific and defined aesthetic, that influenced a lot of what others are doing (including the well-loved brands here) to evolve his signature look with such success and refinement. I mean, wow. Such small step for a huge difference. Ahead of the game again.

And these are not basics. These are simple things that are genius. I just can't help but to be influenced by this, and it sucks.

Best collection of the season, no doubt.

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

Just look at it, sailing through the runway... It's not just just adding the skirt to the mix. To have it be like that - that's some serious time put in draping and perfecting the shape.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

well like i said earlier i really like it. mrbeuys link brought it home more strongly. great images there and, along with the music, it did generate an emotional draw to the clothes and to the show and to rick himself. which is odd. perhaps we feel attached to him in some way after years of following his work? anyway i like it.

i liked Ann's SS2011 as well so they are in a tie for first .

i will say that i'd like to hear firsthand reports of the quality of the garments and the feel of the materials. i'm hopeful to hear that it is spot on and that we can expect improvements across the board....meaning in the menswear as well

but this post is really to say that the most frustrating thing about this show to me was this:

rick is wearing the exact same thing he has been wearing for literally years. and i get that. i am the same way. i have tons of black tee's and i wear them all the time because not every day is a day for fashion. and i get that he's going for comfort here. putting on a show is a lot of work. AND i understand that just because that is what he chooses to wear doesn't mean that he isn't planning to switch up the menswear and create some new directions and so forth. but, i don't know man, its a bad sign. rick is always decked out in rick. so you'd think he would want to try some new things personally, right? so we would get to try new things too...

i'm just saying that i love rick but i can't wear sneakers and track pants anymore. i would if i could, but i can't. my wife won't let me.
                      Last edited by cjbreed; 10-09-2010, 12:09 PM.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        i can't wear sneakers and track pants anymore. i would if i could, but i can't. my wife won't let me.
                        she'd let u go in wedges??

anyway, i concur. a mostly gorgeous collection. girls, please wear this.

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Am I the only person who's not crazy about this?
                          No. I think this looks like the eveningwear portion of the Miss Tatooine pageant.
                          Last edited by droogist; 10-09-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• gaitortrout
                            • Sep 2010

I'd have thunk that we'd all be thrilled that we'll finally see Dick Oven on the red carpet.
                            pm me.

Comment

• Matis
                              • Feb 2010

Cjbreed, I think he achieves his goal every fw, he offers the same silhouette and design with a little twist, new pieces, different colors.
                              But the ss are usually similar imo.
                              And about Rick doing Rick; I like him because of that, he stays true to himself. I think you can do rick without even resembling the man himself,
                              he creates much more than he wears. He still offers combats, boots,wedges...

I wear sneakers too, almost every day and i cant imagine myself being older and wearing the same way i wear them now.

Once i thsneakersought the same as you, but just compare Crust with Gleam and you can really see the difference.

About the thread; like the long dresses but i see them as an evening dress, not so practical, overall a really nice collection and i like the combs and green.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

i know. i get what you're saying regarding SS vs FW and i don't want to derail the womens thread into a mens discussion. i concur that gleam was a big step forward and i found it very interesting but not much will find its way into my wardrobe.

i think i'll post about this in the main thread.
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎