X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarHeart
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post
    i'm not saying that he shouldnt start a clothing brand cause he doesnt have a special personal name (in this case, to get my attention would be to find some other name, maybe a lame apophthegm would turn me on?). just that i prefer names that arent (more or less) that usual to me. but hey, names not familiar to me is familiar to others. there is no way around that. now it happens to be too familiar to me, knowing a lot of people named both lars and andersson.

so yes, i think the name of companies is a significant factor. at least to evoke my curiosity.

@masugnen
    yohji yamamoto isnt a common name for me, thus it gives a pleasent ring to my ears (well, not just because of the not-so-common-aspect). you dig?

to put an end to this. i'm superficial.
    I know what you mean. And I'm sorry, for putting it that way.
    I just thought the idea of "having the wrong name for a brand",
    was somehow superficial.

In my personal opinion, the name is nothing without the work and product behind it, and if the work and product is strong, the name will become strong too. It doesn't matter if the name is exotic-sounding, or not. The work is what's fundamental.

I don't know how Lars Andersson sounds to non-Swedish people.
    Does it sound like a convincing name for a fashion designer?
    Last edited by TarHeart; 10-03-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

as you say, if the work is convincing, so is the name. it's honest, clean, without pretention, neutral, personal, intimate, objective.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎