Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comme Des Garcons Women's SS2011 Paris

Default Comme Des Garcons Women's SS2011 Paris

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Thank you for posting, Lowrey.

The overall expression is focused, no unexpected moves (except for the most chaotic pieces), the colour scheme remains intact throughout the show. I get the S-M references, with the black leather bras, and the leather overall. Feels very controlled, harsh and debarring. Like the dark side of Comme des Garcons. When I saw the "twins" in the end, I instantly thought about the Quay Brothers, I doubt they have anything to do with this collection. You could interpret it as "duality" in some sense. The double sided-ness is also appearant in some pieces, the jackets, as double contrasting material, double contrasting colours and extra arms.

Comme des Garcons is always interesting, but this way maybe not my favourite.
    Last edited by TarHeart; 10-03-2010 at 04:45 PM.

love it , its my colors and relatively clean and elegant . i could even imagine myself wearin some a those jackets with the black strap

Quote Originally Posted by jogu View Post
    love it , its my colors and relatively clean and elegant . i could even imagine myself wearin some a those jackets with the black strap
    Go along with it, I'm sure they would fit you perfectly.

this is really morbid but it reminds me of something i was told to "never forget". its so sterile.

Heirloom

http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010...WAY/00340m.jpg

this look is extremely interesting. I like how the garments are pasted on upside down. extremely unsettling.

^ oh dam i didnt even notice that it was upside down

Quote Originally Posted by jogu View Post
    I can totally see you wearing those. They're really beautiful.

More later since I'm busy with homework but I'm really feeling this collection.

maybe not something new, but i truly like the two-tone/pattern vs. no pattern- combos and the long side/short side- effect (which looks even better when its two different colours/patterns).
    ooooooooooooooooo ///////////////////

could easily see myself wearing this jacket:
    i'mhotyournot

and i agree with the rest, those blackstrapy blazers says jogu

Well, this is cool. Pretty much unwearable, but we don't care in Rei's case, right?

I want this jacket

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

/\ beat you to it (;

For better, alternative and more inspiring pictures go to
    Sweden's finest fashion journalist Agnes Braunerhielm.

^ god i love this , i like how the 2 parts come together in the back kinda like a cape . lots of stuff here looks ostensibly unwearable like most runway cdg but at the same time i get this strong feelin that this collection would be rly easy to wear . i kno that prolly doesnt make much sense , it just feels so clean and almost simple . prol one of my faves from cdg in a while and ironically its womens rtw which i pay very little attention to

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Well, this is cool. Pretty much unwearable, but we don't care in Rei's case, right?
    my thoughts exactly.

I liked the first 2-3 looks in particular, and this was pretty cool:

I love this, this is outstanding, bordering on genius. I see this collection as the expression of a "fashion cancer". Or the result of some degenerated experiment. Degenerated cells spreading, choking the initial body of cloth. Straps of pleather growing to constrict the clean white pure clinical suit or hang from it like dead organs; garments sprouting from unfit places, they seem to be growing like morbid organic protuberances, they have mutated and started living a life of their own, sucking the life out of the base garment; or they hang, piling up covering the body of cloth, like corpses of garments, emptied, dried out. Garments don't grow like they should, they separate, grow asymetricaly, eat on each other space. They even multiply, mutating in the process, we are witnessing an imperfect garment mitosis.
    I don't think I can ever truly dislike a CDG collection, but this is definitely a favourite. I like to think of it as the expression of the sickness of fashion, fast-fashion running towards a degenerative state.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    my thoughts exactly.

I liked the first 2-3 looks in particular, and this was pretty cool:
    Cool pics, but does this mean the harvey two face jackets are simply an artifact of styling? I was really liking some of the asymmetrical db jacket looks where the longer length hits above the knee giving the illusion of a skirt. Either way, a very interesting collection.
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

I'm afraid that they might all be combinations of multiple jackets, instead of actually being half and half, which would've made them wearable. I have no idea how this translates to the garments that will be sold, though?