X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronin
    Banned
    • Dec 2009

Thanks droogist, the chapters are really interesting, especially how he represented them, both with pictures and in the collection. I like how the collection transcribes that from Sakoku developped an amazing culture, there are hints at different cultural fields characteristic of Edo, as well as less figurative expressions of its zeitgeist like an apparent stillness covering an ever moving society.
    The last chapter with the cut-out silhouettes revealing to be 2D after the models turns made me think of the katas characteristic of Edo, moulds for the mind and behaviour, shapes building the society. It's really a fascinating collection and a fascinating video, I'll have to dig more into it.

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

thank you for the chapters, droogist. the cultural references are very beautiful. I would like to delve into this metamorphosis more and possibly prod laika's brain as well.
      Last edited by rider; 10-09-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• chiclondon
        • Sep 2009

happy to see that he is coming back to his old chalayan rules what he is really good at. love the looks on deconstructed tailored piece.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
          • Jan 2008

Imagine having your own private set of puppeteers swirling your
          floral dress around as you move through.

But this is absolutely beautiful.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡