X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CUTUP
    • Sep 2009

^Sorry, mistyped that. fixed

I understand you dont mean that ALL life is pain, you obviously pointed out that people are pretty full of themselves if they think that there wont be dips in the road, I get that

But the way you just shrug it all off bothers me. ts not that cut and dry and easy to assimilate most of the time. And even if it was, I would hope the average human being would have some semblance of pity. You dont have to agree with a mans deeds or who he was to feel sorry for them

I just find your attitude in general towards this as very cold, I was curious as to why. Its really none of my business as to why you feel how you do, I was wondering if you would care to enlighten me
    Originally posted by marco-von
    this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

i stay pragmatic cause it's what works for me after years of lability. Its how you keep things moving and get shit done. In the end, as someone who's been on the brink of absolut darkness, I trusted people who were in a brighter place, cause i didn't place my view of things before theirs. That way I could step back, follow their lead, and eventually recover. He didnt even give his loved ones the chance. Cause he was afraid of seeing his pov was wrong. THAT is what I have a hard time accepting.

Comment

• Völuspá
        • Sep 2010

I agree with you Mona, that was said very well. I agree with his rhetoric more then i disagree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MonaDahl
          I think perhaps what Heirloom is trying to say is that this story lacks the kind of tortured existence that we normally associate with absolute pain and suffering. Actually, if you take what he says at face value, he couldn't have suffered - since suffering has no consequences or meaning and is no different than the opposite. The fact is that he knew that his actions would affect other people and matter to them, though he himself believed that it did not matter either way. So why not stay alive? Well, we can't judge without having read his book, but it does seem like he did care about something in life vs. death - he wanted people to know about his death and his book. He created a website so his book would continue to have life. Maybe arrogance isn't quite the right way to think about it, but there is great selfishness in his actions.
          Thanks for helping me articulate myself. my sentiments exactly. Does anyone see the vanity? OH THE VANITY.

Comment

• CUTUP
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
            i stay pragmatic cause it's what works for me after years of lability. Its how you keep things moving and get shit done. In the end, as someone who's been on the brink of absolut darkness, I trusted people who were in a brighter place, cause i didn't place my view of things before theirs. That way I could step back, follow their lead, and eventually recover. He didnt even give his loved ones the chance. Cause he was afraid of seeing his pov was wrong. THAT is what I have a hard time accepting.
            Fair enough

I still think he is being judged without us knowing if he could have been mentally off ( which would make a difference to me personally in my view of him) if your twisted you dont even view yourself as being selfish. But I do agree, the act itself is selfish

But I thank you for sharing that, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my morbid curiosity
            Originally posted by marco-von
            this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Völuspá
              • Sep 2010

a genuine fascination with his philosophy and the macabre intertwined!

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Just a thought, but maybe his flamboyant death was a facetious one, an attempt to breathe life into his newly finished work as a widely-read new treatise on nihilism. After all, celebrating Yom Kippur all of a sudden and adhering to custom all of a sudden does not seem like something a pure nihilist would do, no? He seems to have accomplished more than many so called erudite men have and appears to have executed his ideology to its greatest extent, in my opinion.

Still, there's so much booze out there to drink, and 60 years isn't so long to wait, really.

Sad story.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

except the paradox that he cared enough about executing it perfectly that he actually executed it perfectly. a true nihilist would not have bothered as there is no meaning in it.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

Could nihilism follow a trend similar to that of a pandemic?
                    Originally posted by philip nod
                    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

ever seen suicide club?

Comment

• whitney
                        • Dec 2009

theres always the problem of trying to tell the world you don't care when the world wouldn't know of your existence unless you partake--so he has to create that book and website. its always a contradiction.

i think it is an interesting stance, sometimes you have to go to the extreme--people always seem to appreciate more, listen more, when there the silence that death brings. before then? not so much.

while i think that way it doesn't necessarily mean i agree--but that is his life and what he wills it. i haven't had the time to read it just yet, but awhile back i had almost faced death and it made me realize that unlike a video game i don't get any start overs. before then i sort of lived in an alternative reality. never thought about death--but when i did then and do now, i know its a black hole. my thoughts, memories, it all fades within myself..if i am lucky enough to make an impact on a few, it will soon fade as humans are conditioned to do so as an act of survival. and if i am extremely lucky to make a big enough impact that i'm written in some sort of media outlet..well..maybe a few will remember me for the actions i've taken, but not me me.
                        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

we're all intertwined. it isn't just his life. what about his mother?

Comment

• whitney
                            • Dec 2009

its true, but one could say that his connection with his mom isn't deep enough that it holds him. his mom is shocked he could do such a thing--and on the surface he appears as something to others that he really isn't. people didn't look deep enough, or care to, and engage him in the subjects he's interested in. so he studies himself and concludes--people sometimes coast on the surface but they don't really connect or, intertwine. do you think that if people really sat down and listened to what he had to say he would have ended up where he is now? from the article he acknowledges that a certain event in his life has led him down this path..

you can say he is selfish and i wouldn't argue with that but i guess he really wanted to stand up for something he believes/d in..and it took importance over her.
                            you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

Originally posted by whitney View Post
                              its true, but one could say that his connection with his mom isn't deep enough that it holds him. his mom is shocked he could do such a thing--and on the surface he appears as something to others that he really isn't. people didn't look deep enough, or care to, and engage him in the subjects he's interested in. so he studies himself and concludes--people sometimes coast on the surface but they don't really connect or, intertwine. do you think that if people really sat down and listened to what he had to say he would have ended up where he is now? from the article he acknowledges that a certain event in his life has led him down this path..

you can say he is selfish and i wouldn't argue with that but i guess he really wanted to stand up for something he believes/d in..and it took importance over her.

thats exactly the point. He didn't give people the chance to meet his arguments, or even listen to him, since he kept it a secret and then left as soon as he presented his thesis. He had already made up his mind without listening to them. Arrogant Bastard.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

its true, but one could say that his connection with his mom isn't deep enough that it holds him. his mom is shocked he could do such a thing--and on the surface he appears as something to others that he really isn't. people didn't look deep enough, or care to.
                                well did he let them in? did he engage people enough to pique their interest into what he was doing?
                                these question or comments always come after the fact, as most cases of suicide, the individual does a great job of concealing the intent.

people sometimes coast on the surface but they don't really connect or, intertwine. do you think that if people really sat down and listened to what he had to say he would have ended up where he is now? from the article he acknowledges that a certain event in his life has led him down this path..
                                well, there are therapists, whose job is to listen and counsel. One of the great things about an institution like the Church is that for some it creates this kind of framework, where the individual sees himself within a group of like minded people within common struggles and issues, it gives a kind of perspective that if another individual is dealing with a situation and finding the strength to cope.............. then I can.
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎