• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
    the prince nurse paintings were 80k retail in 02 and were difficult to sell at retail. in 04-05 themarket exploded
    Iirc they were 2.2 mil in 08 and one went for 6 mil this year. they became his most prized work.
    talk about a return on an investment. set for life.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gohn
      • Mar 2009

I believe JACOBS has sort of talent in marketing, socializing and campainging, that is maybe what I admire

PS. big name brands do not need a designer to design

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

no one can deny his talent even though it can be hit or miss each season depending on where his head is at...

still, fall 2006 is one of my favorites from him. grungy, urban with the right amount of funk. i pull from that often as soon as the chill hits the air.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

that is the irony!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          He saw the irony, but how many of those who buy it do?

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            the prince nurse paintings were 80k retail in 02 and were difficult to sell at retail. in 04-05 themarket exploded
            Iirc they were 2.2 mil in 08 and one went for 6 mil this year. they became his most prized work.
            it's that beautiful thing called 'provenance' at work... just the fact that [insert influential tastemaker here] has owned a piece of art, will raise its value. forget fashion industry - the modern art market is the biggest scam of all.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎