• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

READ ME
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
      • Dec 2010

I didn't get a chance to go but I spoke to some people last night at Kenmare where the after party was and they all said it was mindblowing as well. Definitely going to have to check it out once it opens to the public.
      "My Roll is to Rock"
      -Jimmy Page

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

^^ It runs through July 31st (and the afterparty was at Boom Boom Room)

Comment

• kanne
          • Jun 2009

Sounds amazing, but I most likely won't be able to see it in person.

Was someone able to take a look at the catalog? Is it any good?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I am going to buy the catalog tomorrow. I am sure it's good. The front cover is actually a holograph of McQueen's face turning into a skull/mask.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

just looked at the documentary, and I wish so bad I could make it to New York.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

The lady and I are heading to NY tomorrow for some fun. For once we've agreed on what to do first. Cannot wait to check this out.

Comment

• endtroducing
                  • Aug 2008

The skull that his face turns into is the first one that he made... This project slowly progressed into the skull that is all over the scarves and everything else today. ...Just sayin...
                  Cheers!
                  m.
                  Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I am going to buy the catalog tomorrow. I am sure it's good. The front cover is actually a holograph of McQueen's face turning into a skull/mask.

Comment

• nahneun
                    • Feb 2011

I think the exhibit will be INCREDIBLY packed this week, especially with all the hype from the royal wedding. Might be better visiting a bit later, especially since the exhibit will be running until July 31st. Regardless, I'm very excited for the exhibit :)

Comment

• seenmy
                      • May 2009

I'm going to come to nyc to see this,without a doubt.now to find a reasonable flight for july

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Will try to make a trip this weekend
                        should be really interesting to see how they treat this, as i know the breadth and scope of his work is staggering....................
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

Couldn't find a Mcqueen thread in Designers and Their Work so I guess this is the most relevant place to post it.

The met has a bunch of high quality images of selected garments shot by Sølve Sundsbø on their website:

http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/objects/

There is some accompanying audio commentary that is quite interesting as well.

Comment

got the catalogue today. It's absolutely perfect. I wouldn't mind a huge table book of thousands of pages, but for the price it was definetly worth it. the pictures are absolutely breathtaking, and i enjoy seeing pieces i haven't seen before, especially the tailored pieces.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I would love someone to do some socio analysis on this....

The Costume Institute’s “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” exhibition has proven to be such a hit that the Metropolitan Museum of Art is extending it by one week, and offering the public additional viewing times. It will now close on Aug. 7, and to better serve the interest, a “Met Mondays with McQueen” program will kick off on Monday June 6. For $50 a person, visitors will have special access to the galleries between 9:30 am to 2:30 pm while the rest of the museum is closed.

McQueen’s May 4 opening day was the biggest ever for the Costume Institute, and the entire museum’s second biggest after 2005’s “Vincent van Gogh: The Drawings.” Since then, over 150,000 visitors saw the exhibition.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I would love someone to do some socio analysis on this....
                                its a shame that I haven't gone as yet,

but it goes to show the strength of his talent................you know Chalayan was my personal favorite, but McQueen is quite likely the greatest designer of his generation.
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎