Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • applecrisp
    • Jun 2013

I like little gimmicky camera/editing tricks when they're sprinkled throughout videos, but it can get quite agrivating if there is too much of it... I suppose I'll take a look at the full video.

On another pure skateboarding note:

This video is so nuts. It made me so anxious watching it.

Comment

• Anton
      • Oct 2014

Didn't know Stylezeitgeisters skate...This is still my favourite skateboard movie:

I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
      My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I liked Spirit Quest as a non-skate video, but it was a bit distracting, hard for my brain to decide what to focus on.

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
        On another pure skateboarding note:
        Adrenaline Junkie
        Hell yeah, I watched that shit the other day and SF footage is my favorite. I just love the huge hills and speed that forces skaters into 'barely holding it together, might eat shit'

Last edited by DudleyGray; 03-31-2017, 09:40 AM.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Lex1017
          • Jul 2015

Comment

• Lex1017
            • Jul 2015

Comment

• goldsamxo
              • Jan 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cts_HY8bZwU

Still my all time favorite skateboarding part. Dylan Rieder was my biggest hero (still is), he got me into Supreme which in-turn got me into avant-garde (weird path right?).
              But man was the boy talented... Gone too soon :(
              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

^He's definitely the "Fashion" skater of all skaters. It's funny, when Gravis moved to Japan, they put out this promo featuring a Japanese Dylan copy (or do we call it "heritage?"), arms, cuffs, and all: https://vimeo.com/72621562.

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                style
                That was cool, thanks for sharing that. I was at the park today, and it was pretty packed because the weather was nice. There were a lot of solid skaters, but then this Asian guy showed up. He was in a clean, relaxed track suit and I think shell toe ADVs. He'd just pop up onto the extra long manual pad, manual or nose manual all the way down, no flailing, and hop off, maybe cap it off with simple nollie. But he did it so clean and effortlessly, minimal movement in his body except what was necessary, just really elegant. I kind of hated it, that sort of vibe is not at all my thing. I like some GnarGnar McHeshcore vibe, but he definitely stood out. Maybe he was just warming up, but he couldn't boardslide a low rail, and I overheard him talking about wax when people had been grinding that all day. Not that I can do jack shit yet, I'm still at that 'body is in constant pain' stage, apparently, so I'm in no position to judge.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Lex1017
                  • Jul 2015

Ya perfect style is boring and too robotic. Gino is my all time fave style wise. He doesn't restrict his body to appear effortless he just IS effortless. Andrew Allen as well. Dude just charges while mixing in a ton of switch and technical ability. His 411 part (Left below) is one of my favourite parts of all time.

Comment

• Lex1017
                    • Jul 2015

Also if you want some wild out there skating, I love Gou Miyagi's skating as well, a huge weirdo but not gimmicky. you can tell her can actually skate,

Comment

• applecrisp
                      • Jun 2013

People like to hate on Dylan because he was a beautiful man and life was probably quite a breeze for him in actuality, but when you watch his skating, it's not hard to see that he was much much more than a pretty face.

In fact, when I first started seeing him a lot in things I wrote him off, but when I actually gave him a chance I was shocked how much I appreciated his skating.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
                        Ya perfect style is boring and too robotic. Gino is my all time fave style wise. He doesn't restrict his body to appear effortless he just IS effortless. Andrew Allen as well. Dude just charges while mixing in a ton of switch and technical ability. His 411 part (Left below) is one of my favourite parts of all time.
                        It's funny how Gino & Andrew are both on Fucking Awesome / Hockey now - which quickly has become the powerhouse company(s) of the skateboarding world currently. Couldn't be happier though, FA is incredible with Dill leading the group.

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
                        People like to hate on Dylan because he was a beautiful man and life was probably quite a breeze for him in actuality, but when you watch his skating, it's not hard to see that he was much much more than a pretty face.

In fact, when I first started seeing him a lot in things I wrote him off, but when I actually gave him a chance I was shocked how much I appreciated his skating.
                        Dylan's life probably was the easiest out of many professionals, besides his crippling drug addiction during the Alien's 'Mindfield' days - I mean the man was a paid model. Sucks that he suffered so hard at the end of his life, never deserved it. There was a magazine, I think it was 'What's Youth'? That did a special edition Dylan magazine & donated all funds to the Rieder foundation, which I believe was started for leukemia research, etc. The magazine was beautiful, so many heart-wrenching stories.
                        Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                        Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

The Gravis japan video is fascinating. The two skaters are like the JapaneseDylan Reider and Austyn Gilette.

Comment

• ColinKint
                            • Sep 2020

It's a good topic to spends a few words on. Among skateboarders, the most common question asked on the skateboard decks. No doubt, this is one of the most important part of a skateboard. As a veteran skateboarder, I've used a large number of skateboard decks in my lifetime. Remember- the right skateboard deck depends on your riding style. If you want to go for the most durable choice, my suggestion is to go for the Blank Skateboard Deck manufactured by Bamboo skateboards. And for the stylish pick, Graphic skateboard deck is iconic from the same manufacturer.

Comment

• karinacooper25
                              • Aug 2023

What about this debate? longboard vs skateboard going on for years :/

Comment

• UserName1
                                • Feb 2017

What is there to argue about? It's the same as in surfing really. Longboards are for cruising, skateboards for tricks and agility. It's a different side of more or less the same sport and adjusting your equipment to maximise the aspects you like, but there is no good or bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎