X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal
    • Mar 2007

Skateboarding

Obviously some people here who skate, or who used to skate before. I also think that this threads need a life on here, as obviously some of the designers discussed here have a mindset very much alike the ones of a skateboarder and the culture of skateboarding ( or at least how it used to be).

Feel free to post anything related to skateboarding, being products, images, what did you skate today or other randomness. Being a snowboarder myself I might merge some of that into this thread as well if ok with others.
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

yessss good topic for a thread . now that its gettin colder im tryin to get my friends dad to build some barriers in the basement or garage $$$$

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

I recently finished a skate video. Been skating my whole life. Never made one, though. Here's some promos..
      Promo 1
      Promo 2
      I have a full part in it but it's not interwebable yet.

Comment

• marco-von
        • Feb 2009

Rest In Peace. A short film Gravis footwear did starring Dylan Rieder. songs:Cass McCombs - I Cannot LieGraham Nash - Better DaysNative Baron - Untitled[I di...

best i've watched in a long time

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

does this fall into here ;)

Comment

• cro426
            • Dec 2006

unbelieveable...

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

That Dylan video is so good. Really impressive that he put that out in such a short amount of time.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Yeah..those little groms always end up a bit off when people praise them at a young age. Lots of kids kill tranny like that.

I'll post my part when I can. Here's some trip videos my filmer buddy makes in the meantime.
                Diry Sunshine (Austin)
                Northwest Ordinance (SF, Portland, Seattle)
                Euretarded (Berlin & Barcelona)

Enjoy.

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist

Street is the only way to go...the rest is just another sport.

hahah dude im the saaaaame goddam way . there werent any parks or indoor places for us to go to when friends and i were younger so it was always the alleys or parking lots for us . years later i visited a friend in another city where they had this indoor park where u could tranny with bowls and ramps and i just didnt like it at all . i mean it was ok but like ... idk i just couldnt get into it . street is more technical and more fun imo

im startin to really like barrier skatin rite now tho . at 1st before i tried it i was like nahhhh seems kinda weak yo , but then i went over to this parkin lot near me and it was mad difficult but fun as hell also .
                  im pretty much beggin my friends dad to build me some barriers in the garage so i can do that shit when the dumbass snow starts to fall in the winter mos

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Eternal - Yes, I'm in those videos.

Skate everything.

Comment

• KM80
                      • Mar 2008

I went up for the first time in a long time on Sunday, crappy winter and crappier olympics pretty much killed it for me last year. It was so great to be back up, I think we're going to have an insane season this year and I'm stoked!

I wasn't physically ready to be ripping around that hard though and my body's still paying for it, think I'm going to start to get into yoga just so I stay a little more flexy.

I skateboard as well, but that shit gets harder as you get older, not as easy as strapping in and sliding down a mountain. I was still getting out until recently, but now it's cold so I'm retiring for the winter.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

^ haha sup , dude build some barriers and put em in your garage or basement if ur basements big enough . bada bing bada boom done and done

one day id like to try snoboarding , at least once u kno ? see what its like . when i lived in the mountains of PA for a few yrs i had the chance to try it then but kept puttin it off . it DOES seem fun and it looks somewhat harder also , by harder i mean like ... idk your fuckin feet are strapped down

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

ahh shit ya ... i dont like fuckin with other peoples property too much either so i understand that

Comment

• KM80
                            • Mar 2008

Jogu you a big deer man fan then? I think that whole thing is the best gimmick to come out of skateboarding I'n a long time.

I live I'n a condo so no basement barriers for me, used to skate a lot I'n parking garages during the winter when I was a kid, but now I'm just as happy to switch it up and snowboard for the winter. I've been thinking of doing something under this bridge by my house though.

Snowboarding is something that I have to do to enjoy if that makes sense, I can't really get into the videos or magazines or anything like with skateboarding. It's just a great feeling tearing down a mountain.

Comment

• plasmoplas
                              • Sep 2010

buying

since folks here keep talking about snowboarding, i hope this doesn't count as thread-jacking. where would you recommend i look to buy a board at a -decent- price (full retail burton is a no-go :) )

my plan is to get a bit better on the slopes (currently blue diamond) in early winter, then take it on a hiking trip to do some back country on a group trip.

while i'm not a *huge* risk-taker, feel free to warn me about how dangerous back country is (white mountains, NH).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎