• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doldrums
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bryantyj View Post
    P.Rod.
    I thought he might still be a kid but damn he has grown up but still as cool. Master of flat land.

[youtube]...
    what an awful buzzkill.

EDIT: that must have been spam.
    Last edited by doldrums; 11-12-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Chaz and PRod are insanely boring. That being said, Chaz was just here and we were showing him around. He seriously lands everything.

Can't say I ever listened to TD but I'm definitely down for Herman's part to Project Pat. Figgy's part is insane as well.

Comment

• shdws
        • Sep 2011

Are you sure about that for Chaz????

He is hands down one of the steeziest riders right now. Sure many tricks he does maybe/can be pulled off by other riders (actually lately he has been pulling off some gnarly shit) but it's the way he pulls them off from start to finish.

It's the Steez and ballsiness of the rider that get peoples/sponsers attention and Chaz def got steez, haven't seen him do anything big though in terms of gaps/rails what not.

And yea he's a pretty consistent rider, they should do more first try Fridays with him, he'd prob nail it first go.
        Last edited by shdws; 11-10-2012, 01:24 PM.
        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Like clothing, skating is about personal taste and preference. I couldn't disagree more with you about Chaz. I can't stand The Berrics or Gatorade/Mountain Dew sponsors either so we probably won't see eye to eye on much. But he definitely kills it and is extremely talented. His part in the upcoming Zoo promo will be very good I'm sure. But I'm much rather watch Westgate. Speaking of, wait until you see his ender. It's a spot in my city and is absolutely insane.

Comment

• shdws
            • Sep 2011

^I'm actually a fan of Westgate as well, he gets totally punished in Emericas stay gold B-side, not so much steez but def has balls.

I actually prefer skaters that bomb hills or go fast and do tricks at the same time, that is definitely a test of what you got. I notice as time goes on it's harder to find skaters that do big gaps/rails/big stair sets, not as common as it was compared to say the 90s.
            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• KM80
              • Mar 2008

I was trying to keep it real and buy a copy of Thrasher with the bake and destroy video, this turned out to be impossible!

Evidently 7-11s don't carry skateboard magazines in the winter here, only Snowboarding. I went to 2 different magazine stores and they had a few skateboard magazines, but no Thrasher?! Went to a Chapters and they had one issue left, behind another skateboard magazine, still sealed in the bag so I flexed it a bit to check for a DVD and it didn't feel like there was a DVD in it, so I took it out of the bag and no DVD!

So I watched the youtube video yesterday. It was alright.

Comment

• luke
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post
                not so much steez but def has balls.
                what are you talking about? westgate has so much style! whatever he does is so distinctly westgate, which basically means done with power and finesse.

i agree with Peasant on the Chaz comments. That kid is insanely talented, but so boring to me. this josh stewart quote sums it up for me. "but to be honest, you could back noseblunt the space shuttle as it re-entered the earth's atmosphere and i'd still be bored; because it's not about what you do, but how you do it."

also, this kid aaron herrington, is the shit.

Comment

• math-thomsen
                  • Jul 2010

Hey everybody,

Maybe i'm in the right forum, maybe not. I'm looking for a video from youtube with a man wearing black long clothing (surprisingly) and he is on a longboard through a huge city (maybe New York). I think the video where commercial for a fashion shop. Have anybody seen it? and can somebody remember the name of the video?
                  Hope somebody can help me.

best regards

Malthe

Comment

• doldrums
                    • Dec 2008

Maybe this one:

Originally posted by math-thomsen View Post
                    Hey everybody,

Maybe i'm in the right forum, maybe not. I'm looking for a video from youtube with a man wearing black long clothing (surprisingly) and he is on a longboard through a huge city (maybe New York). I think the video where commercial for a fashion shop. Have anybody seen it? and can somebody remember the name of the video?
                    Hope somebody can help me.

best regards

Malthe

Comment

• kanne
                      • Jun 2009

doldrums beat me to it...

this is quite old but was also nice:

Last edited by kanne; 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM. Reason: doldrums was faster

Comment

• shdws
                        • Sep 2011

^ The last thing on my mind would be to pull out an ollie wearing Ann :/, cool vid though.

Kanne, if you like that one your going to love this:

The way the editing is done, the scenery and how fast they are going just makes it so good, they seriously haul ass.

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Nyjah gunning for skater of the year.

Comment

• Time & Space
                            • Jan 2008

Custom Exotic Wood Longboards/ Short boards

Hey there,

I don't know if anyone is interested, but if you email this guy in Maine, he will make you a board to your custom fit and his boards are works of art. They are like the old Woody cars, custom exotic hardwoods and the most amazing ride if you end up riding it.

His name is Jim and he is the coolest guy on earth. Laid back, has his own workshop, and has been doing boards for decades and only does custom work. He is not a retail outlet at all. I have ordered five different boards from him.

They are amazing, if you want pics of my boards email me or you can email him for images. I am at lucontv@gmail.com

I am only posting this for the enthusiast and fan of custom boards, I don't make any kind of profit from Jim or anything. I just know he makes the best boards I have ever found, and I have been riding skateboards for 30 years.
                            Last edited by Time & Space; 11-29-2012, 07:18 AM.
                            "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• math-thomsen
                              • Jul 2010

Cool videos. Thank a lot for the help everybody. Fantastic Doldrums, that was what I was seeking. Thank you.

Best Malthe

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

That's not skateboarding.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎