X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uL7iMa
    • Oct 2010

Ear rings for men

I don't think theres a topic on this specifically...

What do the ppl here think about ear rings for men??

For those who wear 'em, what are some nice designs you have seen?? (I find it hard to find nicely designed ones that aren't too feminine!)
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

Really?

Earrings for men are nothing new. If you want an earring or two go ahead.

As for designs, I think the simpler the better. There are a lot of piercing options for the ear so the design kind of depends on what one you have. I've had my ears pierced for 25+ years. They are now stretched to a 6G and I typically just wear buffalo horn plugs since I have some buffalo horn eyewear. I really haven't seen too many good options for men's earrings other than studs, plugs, and hoops.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

Funny, I've looked in the past for better options but other than Chrome Hearts, I haven't found too many good options out there...

I did like Damir Domas use of earrings in his SS'11 mens show.

Comment

• uL7iMa
        • Oct 2010

i only have simple ones...one piercing at each ear lobe..

well, I guess its just not so easy to browse for earrings, as you have to go through a whole bunch of female ones to find something not too feminine....

chrome heart? I'll take a look! Thanks!

Comment

• olethomas
          • Dec 2010

i have a lobe tunnel of 14mm in black
          suits about everything i wear

Comment

• graydot
            • Aug 2009

yellow diamonds in my ear call em lemon heads
            --cam'ron

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

lobe tunnel = epic fail

you'll be sorry
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                lobe tunnel = epic fail

you'll be sorry
                Hilarious!

had lunch with AKANYC and he was rocking some nice small Chrome Hearts earrings that were really well done.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• 123abc123
                  • Aug 2010

I totally agree that one day you will regret doing the loop earnings. Much like African rings (I know this is for cultural reasons) or other forms of body modifications, while even though might be quite artistic, is usually a way to express absolute control over your body for search of satisfaction. Something that while at the time might seem empowering at the time when your 70 you will have long forgotten said feeling and you will end up looking... well different. And while i do know that some of this earnings are reversible, I also have seen though friends of mine that this feeling is quite addictive leading to something that usually is not fulfilling to them...
                  BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

this argument about regretting body modifications when we are old is absurd, since everyone becomes super ugly with old age. the beauty of old people is in their expression and the experience that has become visible in their features, NOT the quality of their skin and muscle tone... so why care?

the problem with ear tunnels, or whatever you call them, is that when you tire of them and take them out, your lobes end up looking like anuses, which is hardly an attractive look at any age

Comment

• Matis
                      • Feb 2010

I had lobes stretched to 16mm, thet are at 1cm now, i dont know if i will regret them later in life, probably not.
                      It became really popular over the years to stretch lobes the trend is dying now me thinks.
                      And yes the lobes look like a cat butt without earring if you stretched them too fast and bled, scarred.
                      I think that earring on men can look cool if they are not bling rocks or pirate hoops.

Comment

• uL7iMa
                        • Oct 2010

for those with lobe tunnels, aren't you afraid with that little bit of skin there, your lobe might get ripped off if accidentally caught onto something?!?!?

That's the main reason I will never do that to my ear...

Comment

• 123abc123
                          • Aug 2010

You're kidding right? I mean as long as you're not a dumb ass you'll be fine, believe me.
                          BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

Originally posted by galia View Post
                            this argument about regretting body modifications when we are old is absurd, since everyone becomes super ugly with old age. the beauty of old people is in their expression and the experience that has become visible in their features, NOT the quality of their skin and muscle tone... so why care?

the problem with ear tunnels, or whatever you call them, is that when you tire of them and take them out, your lobes end up looking like anuses, which is hardly an attractive look at any age
                            hahaha.

tattoo's are irreversible as well, but people seem to like them.

I think piercings can be extremely beautiful if done with sensibility and wit. At the moment I fancy a boy with a septum piercing. It's all about emphasising those features you're most happy with. nice ear gauges can emphasize a pretty neck and jawline.

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

yes well I guess it's true, although piercings are less versatile and personal than tattoos, the options are much more limited and they are much more prone to infection usually. also, since you have the possibility of taking it out, truth is you probably will some day

the thing I like most about piercings is the scars left by rejected surface piercings. I am also weird

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎