Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matis
    • Feb 2010

As Galia said you will probably take it out someday. I view some piercings as a spiritual thing in terms of control and modification of the body but mostly just an aesthetic thing, nothing deeper if you like it, inform yourself and get it :)

Should check this Galia(if you dont know about it already)http://news.bmezine.com/category/modblog/
    * not for those who are offended by nudity, blood - it is an bodymodification blog after all)

Comment

• 123abc123
      • Aug 2010

I know this is a little of the beat and track but ofmg.. Look I know that I should probably not judge I mean my personal style icon is an androgynous ninja but holly fing Jesus... (insert stupid sentence here) I seriously feel as though I hurt more than I do just by looking at them...

Have any of you tried this, or would you ever do it?
      BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

• Matis
        • Feb 2010

Argh, i think i made a mistake by posting that blog, the content is a little bit to intense for the people that dont understand/know bodymodification that goes beyond piercings and tattoos.

Abc it is called suspension. More on pm.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by 123abc123 View Post
          No! I'd never wear those shorts.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• 123abc123
            • Aug 2010

-/\ ha <3

-by the by matis thnks for the link, a little bit of context really oppened up my view upon said issue. Sorry if my post was insensitive in any way that was not my goal.
            BLOG

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

These are supposedly women's earrings, but I could see them working on the right guy. I like how the strong vertical lines elongate the face.

I can see feather earrings fitting into the ann d aesthetic, but only if you have long hair that partially veils the earrings. With short hair, I feel a long dangly feather would be too unsubtle an accessory.
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• 123abc123
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                Nothing more manly than a pair of feather earrings
                BLOG

Comment

• Skye X
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
                  No! I'd never wear those shorts.
                  Loled. On topic: I'm part of a suspension troupe called CoRE, and although I haven't suspended yet, I plan on doing so soon.

As far as piercings go, I got my first earring when I was 13, and have gone from there. For me, they're very much an aesthetic accoutrement, and not anything spiritual or cultural. I'm glad the trend of large gauges on everyone is dying off, because like most trends, people dive in without thought, leading to a lot of ill-considered modifications. I go through a process with my tattoos where I think about the ideas for at least a year beforehand, and then if I still like it, I do it.

That said, I only have 3 tattoos, but the two on my hands surprise everyone, especially when they learn they were my first. Piercings (at least, those without excessive stretching) are easy to remove and heal over, but I've never felt the need to do that because I consider them almost as carefully as my tattoos.

As far as good-looking earrings, I'm a big fan of Jesse Jarrell's work – he had a line called Fractal Creations that were amazing, entirely designed with lost-wax and cast in titanium. I only have one piece left from him, but I wear it almost every day. I'm also a fan of mineral plugs, specifically in my case jade, amethyst, and hematite. Most of the time I wear hexagon-faced tunnels. My facial piercings are finished with the smallest balls (insert obvious balls-on-face joke here) I could find, as I want them to be subtle and unobtrusive.

Comment

• Skye X
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Matis View Post
                    Argh, i think i made a mistake by posting that blog, the content is a little bit to intense for the people that dont understand/know bodymodification that goes beyond piercings and tattoos.

Abc it is called suspension. More on pm.
                    Could be. On the other hand, now I know you're into body modification as well, so that's cool. PM me, let's discuss.

Comment

• sinbad
                      • Dec 2009

I think men wearing earrings it looked cool.
                      I put the 4 holes on each side.
                      ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• sinbad
                        • Dec 2009

This men's earring I think it's pretty much, I've seen Japanese rock stars wear it well cool!
                        ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• olethomas
                          • Dec 2010

I totally agree that one day you will regret doing the loop earnings. Much like African rings (I know this is for cultural reasons) or other forms of body modifications, while even though might be quite artistic, is usually a way to express absolute control over your body for search of satisfaction. Something that while at the time might seem empowering at the time when your 70 you will have long forgotten said feeling and you will end up looking... well different. And while i do know that some of this earnings are reversible, I also have seen though friends of mine that this feeling is quite addictive leading to something that usually is not fulfilling to them...
                          this is the most judging thing i have ever read, you're simply just making up your mind about the mental idea of people with body modifications. i have had my lobe soon for three years now and if i would take it out it - YES - it will look like shit, but then all i have to do is go to a doctor and sew a couple of stitches and it won't be visible. and how i look when i'm 70 is not something i am planning to live my life towards. sorry if i am intriguing you by living too much in the moment.

Comment

• olethomas
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            lobe tunnel = epic fail

you'll be sorry
                            yes you're right, my life is probably ruined. i will be having weird ear lobes when i'm 70. oh no. hope you live a great life planning to be a normal 70-year-old when that time comes )

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎