• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist iPhone App

Hey all,

People have been asking me about making an iPhone app for the forums. I see two options of doing it - paying somebody to build one or buying a license from Tapatalk. Seems like any of the options clocks in at about $1k. I need to gather some input to see if members would buy it in order to gauge with it's worth investing in a dedicated app. The more members agree to buy it, the less it will cost, obviously, but I am thinking anywhere between $1.99-$4.99, depending on how many people decide to buy.

Please vote in the poll. The poll is multiple choice.

Thanks,
    Faust
    $1.99
    0%
    $2.99
    0%
    $3.99
    0%
    $4.99
    0%

The poll is expired.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

what would this app do exactly? It sounds exciting.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust
      Hey all,

People have been asking me about making an iPhone app for the forums. I see two options of doing it - paying somebody to build one or buying a license from Tapatalk. Seems like any of the options clocks in at about $1k. I need to gather some input to see if members would buy it in order to gauge with it's worth investing in a dedicated app. The more members agree to buy it, the less it will cost, obviously, but I am thinking anywhere between $1.99-$4.99, depending on how many people decide to buy.

Please vote in the poll. The poll is multiple choice.

Thanks,
      Faust
      At that price irs very cheap and I dont see why not...........I dont use my iphone anymore, but will again soon........
      If we decide to do it, I am willing to contribute the first $50 towards its development.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        what would this app do exactly? It sounds exciting.
        Well, it would allow to read the posts and write replies, browse, see new posts, search, see PMs more easily, instead of using your internet browser, which is quite annoying. Bandwidth/storage permitting, maybe you'd be even able to snap a photo on the phone and upload it to the forums. Things like that. Here is a sample of generic screenshots. But it would all be in the current SZ skin.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

That would be insane. Two button WAYWT post? Maybe I'd start putting up fits.
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

pm sent!

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

about time!!!!

Comment

maybe it could even have a feature where if you see a potential SZ bargain when you're out shopping, it can scan through WTB:s and bring up potential buyers that you can then on the spot send an IM with picture (if you can snap one from where you are) and tell about the item. :D

maybe people should have lists in their profile on measurements of themselves or a table of sizes they fit from different labels.

Comment

NINJA KOP FEATURES.

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

What about an android app?

Comment

• resonaut
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                      What about an android app?
                      Not everyone can buy Android apps (due to country limitations). The only other route is advertisements which is much more hit-and-miss, money-wise.

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

^what?
                        I meant, iPhone AND Android apps. It may sound unbelievable, but not everybody has an iPhone and still wants to have the same possibilities.

Comment

• resonaut
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                          ^what?
                          I meant, iPhone AND Android apps. It may sound unbelievable, but not everybody has an iPhone and still wants to have the same possibilities.
                          I was just explaining how it would be harder to recoup the money (spent on Android development costs) through an Android app.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Offline browsing? That would be super handy and one of the main reasons for me to switch to an app because in principle, sz scales nicely on an iPhone
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Can I use it to become invisible, or can you implement a feature I can use to deflect bullets?

Really, I'm sure it would just be a handier version of the mobile site... The one thing I don't like about the mobile site is how when you tap for your unread messages, the little box often appears i n the top left corner. Irritating, but manageable.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎