X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgadd
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by resonaut View Post
    That's a good idea. I haven't looked into it enough considering it's pretty new (Adobe gave up on packager for iPhone until a couple of months ago while the Android side of things was in private beta).

Do you know of any examples developed this way that are out on the App Store/Market?
    Adobe has released a number of example apps. For business apps the Adobe Connect Mobile app and the Adobe LiveCycle app were both packaged in Air. The Photoshop.com app is packaged this way too. Then there are countless flash games that have been ported. Some specific examples here http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/packagerforiphone/ and here http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php..._with_Flash.3F

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
      • Jan 2007

If you go for standard Tapatalk compatibility instead of making a custom app, it will instantly be compatible with all major smartphones including iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia, etc. I personally couldn't care less about having sz look 'like sz' on my phone as long as navigation works well.
      Originally posted by jogu
      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• couturehomme
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
        If you go for standard Tapatalk compatibility instead of making a custom app, it will instantly be compatible with all major smartphones including iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia, etc. I personally couldn't care less about having sz look 'like sz' on my phone as long as navigation works well.
        ditto..

just got tapatalk a couple days ago and it is fckin awesome...

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
          • Dec 2010

If someone hasn't mentioned it yet, you should explore the option of using one of the website that simply optimize your experience for mobile platforms. That way it's also cross compatible and doesn't cost anything.
          "My Roll is to Rock"
          -Jimmy Page

Comment

• Thiny
            • Jan 2011

I think that 1.99 $ would be a great price. Then the app is not to expensive, when I buy apps which cost 5$ than the app must be really awesome, like Angry Birds. I would pay 5$ for Angry Birds.

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

I have an HTC Desire HD with Android now and see absolutely no need for an SZ app for me, so i take back what i said earlier because i am a selfish asshole that is happy now.
              You can click the links without zooming in, if you zoom to read you only need to do it a little if at all and you don't have to scroll right and left because the width adjusts to the screen. But all you iPhone owners can help yourself with an app. I have the perfect SZ phone now anyway.

Comment

• comedyzen
                • May 2009

I use a DROID too, but I am finicky son of a shitstorm. I prefer mobile sites on the DROID over the standard website any day. If I get an email notifying me of a SZ PM, I wait until I get in front of a computer as the drop menus dont always work for me. That said.....

I was just a a start up conference and met the the CEO of http://www.dudamobile.com/

Haven't tried it myself, but it is supposed to optimize an existing website (except flash) into a mobile friendly one in less than 10 minutes for FREE (for now, but they serve ads). My site is flash, so I cannot vouch for this, but worth a shot if you have a minute.

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

I'd buy it. I'm always browsing SZ on safari on my iphone and it's pretty annoying. A dedicated app would be useful.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• nostromodo
                    • Jan 2011

It is so exciting!!! I always check out newposts with my I phone when im outside and thought that it would be great if there is an apps for it. People will definitely buy one.

Comment

• tron
                      • Dec 2010

I like this idea and I'd be willing to pay 5$ for the app simply to help cover costs. But could I just use tapatalk? I've never tried it before and if it's compatible with SZ then there's no need for a standalone app.
                      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• xmattyx
                        • Jan 2011

I'm confused. The last post was in January. Did something happen?

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

This would be fantastic, especially for Ipad2. The image browsing would especially be cool this way. I too would easily pay whatever the price if you made this happen Faust.

Thx

Comment

• luke
                            • Mar 2011

i think it would be a lot better to just have a mobile version of the site instead of a mobile app. i would see it more as optimizing the site for mobiles / devices depending on screen size. for one, you only develop one non-browser solution that is independent of operating system (ios, android, etc.) and are tailoring the experience to what you're interested in (device-width and capabilities).

i did this at work a few months ago, and both "apps" are identical to the "mobile" version. colossal waste of time and super messy for maintenance.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                              • Jan 2007

^ thing is hacking something like this together for a site that runs vbulletin would take ridiculous amounts of effort as far as i can tell.

if you don't want to go with regular/generic tapatalk, there are two options:

vbulletin mobile suite (be careful if youre at work, the link autoplays a youtube video with music) - one time cost of $200 for iphone and android, plus $100 yearly fee
                              Tapatalk Licensing/Rebranding - one time cost of $1000 for just iPhone or $1800 for iphone and android
                              Originally posted by jogu
                              i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• luke
                                • Mar 2011

i don't really think it would take that long to put together. vbulletin has an API that doesn't look completely awful, so it's definitely doable. it's more work than just plugging into a third-party service, but you also get infinitely more control over it.

i think going for tapatalk or a similar product is a pretty short-term solution for something that is essentially a more complicated issue. more people are using mobiles / tablets / non-browser devices. the capabilities of the site isn't what's changing, just how you optimize the interface for its width, size, and capabilities. it makes a lot more sense, long-term, to develop something that targets width and size, rather than separate applications for iphone, android, and whatever else comes out.

i mean, it doesn't really matter that much, that's just like, my opinion, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎