Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfMonnitoff
    • Jan 2007

It's about cost IMO. StyleZeitgeist is a fairly small forum and presumably run on a budget. How many hours of work from a half decent web/mobile guy does $1800 (the cost of a rebranded tapatalk install, the much more expensive of the two) get you? Certainly not enough to make anything decent from scratch no matter how good the APIs are.

That being said, browsing sz on an iphone/android sort of works, it's a big clumsy but as long as you're not trying to post a lot it's fine.
    Originally posted by jogu
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• luke
      • Mar 2011

depending on the timeline, i would consider doing it for a lot cheaper than that or for donations. that isn't meant to hijack the thread into a "hire me to do this" kind of thing, but just an option to keep out there.

that said, i agree that the board is totally usable on iphone. i haven't tested it on android so i can't speak for that.

Comment

• djibouti
        • Nov 2009

bumping this - it'd be fantastic to get tapatalk enabled for this site.

i believe it would be the cheapest and quickest option for implementation.

even if there was some sort of standalone app in the future, tapatalk in the meantime would be great.

Comment

• swrecked
          • Sep 2011

I agree that $1800 doesn't get you very far with a mobile guy doing the full implementation. I work in the software industry and the full cost is not the cost to implement, but the cost to implement and maintain. The maintenance itself (bug fixes, new features, etc ...) often outweighs the build cost.

Comment

• olethomas
            • Dec 2010

has this went any further in the process? i'm pretty sure most of szg members have an iphone and would love szg as an app!

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

if you look at the previous replies, the consensus seemed to be towards an app being unecessary and expensive. iphones (just like other smart phones) are cabable of viewing the site through the web just fine.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• olethomas
                • Dec 2010

i disagree with you on that, but with the expenses in mind i of course understand the obstacle for an szg app.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

no one seemed to be interested enough to kick in any dough.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
                    i disagree with you on that, but with the expenses in mind i of course understand the obstacle for an szg app.
                    hmm, what sort of problems do you have when viewing the site on an iphone?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• olethomas
                      • Dec 2010

it's not huge issues of course, i can read all things if i want, but clicking on small links without having to zoom in to see each pixel of the letters can be hard to avoid sometimes, taking a lot of time. and also i think it's kind of annoying trying to find a thread without searching for it, while being on my iphone. but then again, i'll just stay in and be on my macbook while being on szg. not very much more problematic then that! hehe.

Comment

• pantanal
                        • Apr 2012

i would be happy to pay 10 bucks for a good iphone app

Comment

• mikko
                          • Apr 2013

what about just upgrading to vBulletin 5 which is responsive out-of-the-box? http://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/

no need to buy the separate mobile suite though:
                          Does vbulletin 5 already responsive? Or should I buy another license (Mobile Suite) to get responsive site? Kind regards, v123shine

Comment

• ryanhast
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                            what about just upgrading to vBulletin 5 which is responsive out-of-the-box? http://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/

no need to buy the separate mobile suite though:
                            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...n-5-responsive
                            Faust : What funds would you need to upgrade to v5? Maybe send out a paypal link?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

It's more that my programmer needs to find time to do this. I already bought the upgrade. Certainly you don't need to donate for it, but I appreciate the kind thought.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• j100000
                                • May 2014

Id also be happy to pay $10.00 Im always on here while using my phone, although Im on android, so if this ever happens please consider google play also...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎