X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

2010-2011 NBA Basketball.

So the NBA season is a third way through, the decision was done, LeBron is now a villain.
    After a Rocky start the Heat has righted their ship and look like contenders..............they need a big man at center as Zydrunas Ilgauskas just wont do....
    The Orlando magic realizing they werent going anywhere has shipped out Vince Carter, Rashard lewis and a whole bunch of baggage for Gilbert Arenas, Turkoglu, and J-Rich in hopes of contending........... The fundamental Mistake here was giving up backup center Marcin Gortat.............as good as Howard is, he by himself will not be able to manage the Celtics front line, so this trade didn't make sense at all.............

Surprise! Surprise!...............the Knicks are back!, not elite, but definitely not mediocre, and while I'm no Knicks fan (Spurs all the way baby!), its rather nice to have the home town team winning..........I knew Stoudemire was good, as he was the Rookie of the year before Nash and D'antoni came to town, but i dint know he was this good.............in my perspective, the best front court scorer in the league, the Knicks are one big shot maker and a rebounder front being a contender in the east.

Out west the two time champs are reeling. While they have won two championships they are not a Dominant team, and they get by not because of Kobe Bryant, but because they have some of the best Bigs in the league................ and yes, Guards sell tickets and are the Superstars, but its Forwards and Centers that Win Championships...........the Trio of Gasol, Bynum and Odom is just hard to beat, and thats why the Cetics signed Shaq and J-O, as even though they are no longer great players, they are savvy veterans who will surely be able to out muscle Gasol and Bynum........the Celtics Backcourt is far superior to the Lakers, so if they both get to the finals..........I think Boston will win it this year.

Who wouldve thought that, the old washed up Spurs...........Yes, my old washed up Spurs, would have the best record in the league, and gave the Lake show and but kicking to remember...........I love how the young guys are holding it down for Timmy-D, doing the same thing for him that he did for David Robinson........... allowing him to grow old and end his career as a winner. I dont think they can win it all with this team though...........they need another big alonside Duncan.

Tiago Splitter was highly heralded, but i'm yet to see how Good he is

CONTD.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

three words - Let's Go MAVS!

stoudemire is mvp at this point...

Comment

• skinfade
      • Jul 2010

Celtic is still the best defensive team in NBA, plus they have Shaq to reinforce inside. Rondo becomes more mature as a point guard. Then Celtic will make it to final. Also I'm happy to see Knicks coming back. It will be even better with Carmelo, if he decided to join.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

gonna be la vs. celts at end of day though i'd love to see the mavs in the final. sorry to say, bron has been beasting lately and kevin love is rebounding like wilt. fun season thus far

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Lakeshow has been collapsing lately

I want the Spurs to get Camby from Portland, then there is no way the
          Lakers make it back to the finals

Mavs cannot make it to the finals cause JKidd cannot keep up with these younger PGS..........

Yea, seems its Boston year this year, unless someone gets injured.
          Miami been playing great but still needs a Center to have a shot.

Lovin the Knicks but Spurs all the way tonight baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta go, got a FW collection to finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Just finished watching the knicks game on MSG............

So idiot commentators Al trautwig and Kelly Tripuka saying Dennis Rodman doesn't deserve to be in the basketball Hall of fame.

So now you understand why a team like the Knocks has been a perpetual mess.
            Rodman Won Five NBA Championships, was possibly the greatest defensive player to have played the game, and outside of Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest rebounder the Sport has ever seen.

SO because the guy behaves like a clown off the court, he shouldn't be in the hall of fame?
            When did basketball, or any sport for that matter becomes a character contest?

Also Congrats to Arvydas Sabonis for making it in the hall too.........came to the NBA a little too late, but was possibly the greatest Non American player to have played the Sport

Comment

• upsilonkng
              • May 2010

I love Rodman but greatest defensive player of all time?? I can think of a few that would go in front of him... Jordan, Pippen , the "Dream" , and Bill Russel. He belongs in the hall for sure though, Tripuka is just jealous because the only thing of his in there is the video or Jordan putting his sack in his mouth when he was at Charlotte and that's all special K is ever going to have there...
              I hope Arvydas was inducted as an international player and not a blazer.. he averaged like 5 pts a game.. but he could barely walk by the time he got here. Amazing passer and quite possibly the biggest head I've ever seen?!? He makes Yao's head look like Dwight's. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeemarkable.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                I love Rodman but greatest defensive player of all time?? I can think of a few that would go in front of him... Jordan, Pippen , the "Dream" , and Bill Russel. He belongs in the hall for sure though, Tripuka is just jealous because the only thing of his in there is the video or Jordan putting his sack in his mouth when he was at Charlotte and that's all special K is ever going to have there...
                I hope Arvydas was inducted as an international player and not a blazer.. he averaged like 5 pts a game.. but he could barely walk by the time he got here. Amazing passer and quite possibly the biggest head I've ever seen?!? He makes Yao's head look like Dwight's. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeemarkable.
                well i said he was possibly, its hard to speak authoritatively and conclusively about these things because people lie Russel played in a different Era with a different set of rules and less teams in the NBA, we cannot know for certain how their careers would have played out in today's game......... he was also not a great perimeter defender. Rodman was capable of defending players at all five positions..........even guys five and Six inches taller than he was.....the only other person who comes close was also another Piston, Ben Wallace

However Jordan and Pippen were never as good defenders as Dennis was.........Pippen was possibly the best perimeter defender of his time, but Jordan defensively, and in so many other ways was way overrated. Jordan was without question the best player of his time, but people often give him way more credit than he really deserves.............I also highly doubt he would have won trhe second trio of Championships without the post defensive abilities of number 91

Well Arvydas came to the Blazers at 31, by then he was already on the decline, it was politics that kept him out of the game, cause he was drafted seven years earlier at 24. ...........Cold war politics.
                but trust me, he was THAT GOOD, so its good to see him get in.
                Remember, its basletball HOF, not NBA hall of fame, there are Globe trotters, College Coaches and Women players inducted too...........

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

I can tell you like the underdog which is cool but there's no way that DRod was a better defender than Jordan or Pippen. I hate when people say someone can guard 5 positions.. for like 1 possession , on a switch maybe but he couldn't guard Jordan even w/ all the help he got w/ the many hackers on detroit and he couldn't guard Magic, or McHale or Bird etc... and I'm sure in practice Zek busted his ass too. I would've love to see DRod try to guard someone his height that was a center...the dream would've eaten his lunch.
                  Sorry no one can guard 5 positions...
                  And Jordan's not overrated.. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have won w/out him as well. The team was rebuilt for Jordan's strengths and Rodman was the last piece let's not get it turned around. And let's not forget that Rodman lost his starting spot in the last year of the 3 peat because he was just trying to grab boards(much like K.Love) and wasn't really playing any D.

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

big day for the dogs...hope the knicks continue the trend

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

fuckin' Knicks just ripped my heart out for the 2nd time in 3 days.. What a roller coaster of a game. At times extremely sloppy but exciting through out, and thoroughly enjoyable. Enjoyable till I look at the final score

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                        fuckin' Knicks just ripped my heart out for the 2nd time in 3 days.. What a roller coaster of a game. At times extremely sloppy but exciting through out, and thoroughly enjoyable. Enjoyable till I look at the final score

Jared Jeffries deserves to be beaten by the whole dam team

I don't know why they brought him back to NY

He just destroyed the legend of Carmelo Anthony on two stupid plays right after he made a decent one................all he had to do was to dunk the dam ball

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

he played a good game till THAT play. The whole team played with tremendous energy and heart.. but to lose a game on a turnover, down by 1...UNDER YOUR OWN BASKET, is simply gut wrenching. After Sunday's loss this one is just that much more painful

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                            he played a good game till THAT play. The whole team played with tremendous energy and heart.. but to lose a game on a turnover, down by 1...UNDER YOUR OWN BASKET, is simply gut wrenching. After Sunday's loss this one is just that much more painful
                            no he didn't,

he made several stupid played in the game.........for example, fouling Rondo in an area where he wouldn't even be attempting a shot, there is about three instances where he grabbed a rebound, only for it to slip out of his hands...............he made one good play, and it was the shot off the dribble that put Knicks up one just before Garnett's hook shot over him

regardless, you cant be a center at 6' 11" and get a pass under the basket and be afraid to attempt a shot

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

I thought he played strong defense most of the night but you're right. In that spot he's got to go up STRONG and get to the hole and FINISH

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎