Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

And the Spurs live to Fight another day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they should come out firing on Friday, set up a game 7 in SA.
    As a die hard spurs fan, the Spurs have been disappointing this series. i don't expect them to win the Championship but they should at least be in the conference finals...............
    anything else is a disappointment
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• K.T.
      • Jan 2011

Zamb, don't you think all these "younger teams" all suffer from this lack of killer instinct, being unable to finish off the opponents, even when they have the edge, and just let their chances slip away. Time and again we have seen this before. Mentally they are not just as focused or do not stay focused throughout the entire game time. What's interesting here is that it's Battier who made this minor mistake at the end of regular time that'd turned the game the other way round.

I was just thinking this whole Spurs team might have to undergo a very long period of rebuilding itself, after having been together for so many years, if they don't get into the finals or get ousted in the first round. Is Pop going to stay no matter what?

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

So all of you Bulls bandwagonists..............the Bulls are in real trouble,

lost home court to Atlanta, and Rose is injured..............injured because he is doing too much and wearing down. I thought they would at least get to the conference finals after Atlanta beat Orlando but I could be wrong....................This team is in REAL trouble.

Miami will go up 2-0 on Boston tonight, after then I don't see Boston winning four of five against this team.
        they gambled and traded away Perkins and this team has no real center. the only Chance this team has of winning is for Garnett to rebound like when he was in Minnesota.

So Who is a Grizz believer now?...............they completely destroyed my San Antonio Spurs, Sadly for me, Duncan is a severely diminished player, both offensively and defensively. unless they can get him some serious help, I think its better to walk away now. This guy has been so good for so long, that I hate to see him decline like this.
        the Grizz have shocked the Thunder, and i don't think this is a fluke. Memphis is playing championship level basketball.............and yes, they could win it all. even though I don't think they will. Any team that is dominating 15 ft and in has a legitimate shot at a championship.

the Lakeshow has again coughed up home court for the second straight series. I have a really hard time buying Dallas, even though I would love them to win. I hate the Lakers............without apology.

Not a Miami fan, but again...........I don't see them losing four games in Any seven game series........
        Last edited by zamb; 05-03-2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• skinfade
          • Jul 2010

Bulls is definitely overrated. It seems to me that Rose is doning all the jobs. Boozer is as good as he used to be.
          I'm kind disappointed about Boston. I don't get that why they let Tony Allen and Perkins go. Those two were backbone of the Boston defense.

Comment

• gavagai
            • May 2010

Hello all. Didn't realize there were Association fans here. Thought everybody lived in dark caves with solemn grimaces

So Rose wins the MVP. Let me just state the obvious:

There is not a single stat that actually justifies this. Points, rebounds, PER, +/-, adjusted +/-, win shares, David Berri's model - NOTHING! Not a single thing you can actually point to and say he is the best or he is better in these range of categoies than the REAL MVP candidates:

(1) Lebron
            (2) Dwight Howard
            (3) Dwayne Wade
            (4) Chris Paul

Lebron is clearly the best player - all of the regular box score stats and advanced statistics have him as no.1 or no.2. Derek who? PPUHLEASE! This guy is Dwade light!

Haha, anyways feel free to disagree but please back up any claims with evidence not sentiments like "he is a leader" "he works so hard" "he is a great teamate" "he bought into the system" as these are extremely idiotic responses as you can say emphatically that everyone on my above list does the same, is a better defender (yes all four of them) and is a better offensive player (yes all four of them).

End of rant, back to work

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

MVP means different things to different people. the problem is there isn't a clear definition................

if you say MVP is the best player in the league, then its Lebron at this stage. if you say, most valuable player to a Franchise, then you have to go with Dwight Howard, cause, of all the top players now, he is the easiest to build a championship team around (hate to say this but I see him going to LA)

If you say MVP is the best player on the team with the best record, then its Rose.................the headache in this is what is Spurs hadnt have those late season injuries, and ended with the best record?..........there would clearly be no one the team to give it to.

I have no problem with Rose being the MVP..........even though I would've loved Dwight Howard to get the award........

Comment

• gavagai
                • May 2010

oh yes, I agree Zamb. You are right - Dwight gets the nod on that front.

MVP is kind of a joke and I actually listened to a David Stern interview the other day where he basically said as much.

Interesting: Lebron was completely left off 9 ballots and Wade only appeared on 10 ballots????

Out of something like 120+ voters? Voters vote for the top 5. Lebron wasn't on every single ballot (back to back MVPs) and Wade was on less than 10% of the ballots. That is just wrong - haha.

I think you may be right that Dwight goes to the Lakers. The longer Bynum stays healthy the more likely this scenerio plays out.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

im kind of sad that atlanta gets no respect -- I for one am happy that a franchise who's been losing for what seems like an eternity, is making a run into the playoffs

and joe johnson, josh smith, and al horford are very underrated... I would hardly call them C players
                  i believe they are a more consistent team than the bulls, so we'll see if they can get some valuable playoff experience from the series

Comment

• gavagai
                    • May 2010

^

Come on now. Seriously? If the Bulls don't "win" this series you can almost count on the Hawks "losing" it for them.

Joe Johnson is underrated? Guy just signed 120 million contract and has made multiple all star games. Sorry but he is an excellent player but by no means Mr. Franchise.

the hawks barely outscored their opponents for the whole season yet the Bulls had the highest point differential in the league. No respect deserved.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Atlanta is a decent team,

but they get no respect because they have no Player who will be so unstoppable that they can make a deep run and even with some luck get to the finals.
                      Johnson is a very good scorer but he is not unguardable (and might I say, the Hawks were stupid for paying him so much money).For the most part is a jump shooter.....Horford and Josh Smith will never be better than they are now, so in a way the team has peaked and is pretty much a middle of the pack group that will win enough to get into the playoffs but never be a legit contender.

Yes they are more consistent, but their consistency is that of mediocrity than a consistency of excellence.

the Bulls should win this series, but the Problem is Rose is carrying too much of the scoring load, as a point Guard that's problematic for any team, cause, then..............who distributes the ball?
                      who gets the other Players involved, and who scores when the other teams defense figures out how to slow him down?

I think the injury to Rose, and the poor performance of Boozer, combined with the balance scoring of Atlanta, will get Atlanta to the conference finals................
                      Atlanta v/s Miami in the conference finals could be a sweep for the heat..........

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                      im kind of sad that atlanta gets no respect -- I for one am happy that a franchise who's been losing for what seems like an eternity, is making a run into the playoffs

and joe johnson, josh smith, and al horford are very underrated... I would hardly call them C players
                      i believe they are a more consistent team than the bulls, so we'll see if they can get some valuable playoff experience from the series

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

contract issues aside (yes joe johnson is overpaid, we all know that) i dont think anybody saw them in the playoffs, or making it past round one... nobody i knew called it.

anyways, i think the west is far more interesting right now anyways. i really dont want to see the lakers win; too many kobe fans in my area who hate on lebron's personality and use that to subtract from his basketball talent and ability...

btw some horrible shooting % going on in the game right now, at least thats what the box score tells me

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

All Dallas has to do is hold serve at home and they can win in six, cause they've stole home court............its possible, but unlikely
                          If Lakers win it isn't because of Kobe, Kobe is thier best player but he isnt the key to winning. Basketball is won, well.............around the basket. Through rebounding, shot blocking, protecting the rim. and scoring high percentage shots, something Forwards and Centers do and not high octane Guards.
                          the problem is Lakers has the best front line trio combination in the league, a combination of power, skill and versatility that no other team has, so, It is very possible for them to win in Dallas.

Noah coming up Big tonight, if he continues this in the second half bulls should win easily

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                          contract issues aside (yes joe johnson is overpaid, we all know that) i dont think anybody saw them in the playoffs, or making it past round one... nobody i knew called it.

anyways, i think the west is far more interesting right now anyways. i really dont want to see the lakers win; too many kobe fans in my area who hate on lebron's personality and use that to subtract from his basketball talent and ability...

btw some horrible shooting % going on in the game right now, at least thats what the box score tells me

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

huge shot by Deng,
                            that should do it

the last two Atlanta possessions show why Joe Johnson is overpaid.........chance to win a key game on the road and you want to go one on five?.............

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

took a nap and just woke up to see the Coffin open and the Lakers thrown halfway in by Big D................

Again the problem of the Quick point guard.

Barea giving the Lakers fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dam!

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

love good games, love good teams, but franchises win championships, and its damn hard for players to.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎