X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedevilisinthedetails
    • Nov 2008

OBSCUR FW11/12

‘’From spheres of rigid wintriness, immure fragments reminiscent of darker times lay in silent torment, abashed by the persistent chill of rudimentary existence. Here, we set off, timely associations formed by the seasonal equinoxes associated with our winter. A torpid individual seeks to advance on the frosted plains, slow movements, fading and colliding with the wind. Covered, solemn, surrounded and perhaps even laminated, the being strides forward, into the vast unknown exposed territory’’

It is here, where the new AW11 collection by OBSCUR, was drawn. Underneath this illusive textures, meritorious tailoring and mixed fabrics, suggest seductive notes, alluding to confidence and stages of chimerical consciousness. The pieces have been sheltered from compromising lines and overly apparent detailing, to display clear lines, shapes and specious construction. The stern dreary oneness of the black colour-palette further embraces the darkness enveloping its bearer.

The collection boasts and array of coats, experimental collars, mixed garments, alluring gloves, woolen hats and introduces a range of enticing statuesque footwear. Hoods, long collars, extended sleeves and lengthy sublime knits, further mold and structure our body to cope with the encroaching arctic chill. OBSCUR further draws on its classic aesthetic silhouette, allowing for bespoke fits, without compromising on volume, flow and lightness.

The materials used for the collection, range from exquisite leathers, to sheer wools, clean cottons and austere yielded dyed fabrics. The carefully tailored pieces have been shaped in a timeless manner, crude, yet alluring, with a dash of sartorial curiosity. Overall, the sober collection can best be described as an uncompromising steadfast display of contour, lineament, inexorably rigid forms and prolific abounding shapes.

Last edited by thedevilisinthedetails; 01-17-2011, 06:27 AM.
  • thedevilisinthedetails
    • Nov 2008

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
      • Nov 2008

Comment

• TypicalFashion
        • Mar 2007

Leather looks great. A+

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

I like what I see.
          Seems like Obscur is moving away from the over-the-top gothic pieces and styling. This is still special (and black, obviously) but it seems like Richard is doing more tailored pieces this collection.
          My favorites are these two images - would love to see more of the pieces:
          1 2
          Is the coat in the first image also featured in any other of the pics?

Awaiting the first comment to critize the shoulders being Diesel-inspired..
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

Definately agree about those 2 pics, would love to see full shots of the pants and what I assume to be a coat.

Comment

• docus
              • Dec 2010

Interesting stuff. The contours of the leather jacket in these shots looks very Julius-like. But I'm keen to see it first hand as I know Obscur can do beautiful and very idiosyncratic leather - his iteration of the fencing jacket might just be the best one out there (I saw it in Layers a few weeks ago - stunning).

The only one tiny issue I have - and I'm sorry if this sounds churlish - is the name 'Obscur'... what will he do if the label gets huge and is bought out by Prada?!?!

Comment

This is definitely my favorite collection from Richard and I think he has matured so much as a designer. The pieces are beautifully tailored and the looks are more subtle than in his previous collections, yet still having that Obscur edge in them. Love the leather detailing with the detachable gloves.

I am proud of my boy.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• vapidly
                  • Dec 2007

this is great. Really enjoy the jackets, all of them. The long leather jacket was something I never thought I would really like, but that looks perfect! Really impressed with this collection and look forward to seeing more. Any NYC stockists?

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

actually there's something in every picture here that's exciting. Would love to see more. Maybe my first obscur purchase this year...

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

^ peculiar fit. i think the rest is awesome tho
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• en0rm
                        • May 2010

Richards work is really developing nicely and im excited to see the whole collection, but it seems very promissing

Comment

• docus
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
                          If you read interviews with Richard he would never go that huge, or sell to Prada. I don't really see how Obscur at this point at least can get huge, as it's just a mens label in a niche.
                          My prada buy-out comment was a joke, but never say never - he could become the next helmut lang! Then he'd have to rename his label to ubiquitous...

Comment

• Ochre
                            • Sep 2009

A lot of this looks really good. I'll echo the sentiment that I'm happy to see him moving away from more radical "goth" styling to something that seems a bit less theatrical but still very dramatic and purposeful.

The silhouettes look really nice and I'm loving how the garments are cut around the neckline.

Comment

• t-bone
                              • Dec 2009

Definitely some good looking pieces. Haven't seen any Obscur in person but have been intrigued by a few things in the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎