X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

yup, same here. not so welcomed when i arrive home in the suburbs but no one looks twice here

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Same here.
      And I have a job, wife and kids.
      Ok, I am an astronaut. But still.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• SVRulez
        • Feb 2009

Really love it. There's a definite evolution in silhouette and it looks like he's using some new fabrics or blends. The shapes of the tailored garments also have a more classic feel to them with less exaggerated proportions. Looking forward to seeing if this will be reflected in the women's collection as well.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

it's funny, while i love it, save for a warm coat there is probably not much i will buy. i feel like i have all ro bases covered as of now.

Comment

i liked his geometrical cuts before, but this is starting to feel raf simons angular, in the way raf can be overtly retro futuristic. I think rick is more sophisticated than that, and it feels a bit like he went a bit mundane with it even... perhaps it's the navy hues in the pictures. hope it's not navy irl as it's my hate color. anyway, styling is amazing, hair amazing, proportions spot on, and the empire waist coats with the metal applique is on my wish list.

Comment

• tlack
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
              it's funny, while i love it, save for a warm coat there is probably not much i will buy. i feel like i have all ro bases covered as of now.
              i expected to see more looks on the runway. there may end up being more stuff in the showroom.

Comment

• Black Powder
                • Nov 2010

Looking at this presentation leaves me with this strange feeling. On the one hand I really like the collection ( excluding the awkward metal details ), but on the other hand I somehow can't relate to it on a personal level. But then again this isn't new when it comes to Rick.

Speaking about the collection itself I have to agree with mrbeuys. It really seems to be a bit of Best of Rick from the last couple of seasons. I can still spot quite a lot of the trends started with last year's Gleam collection, but to me it also has a certain Fall 2009 feeling.

BTW: Does anyone already know what's the name of the collection ?

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

absolutely love this look. first time I've liked a hooded coat. maybe b/c the fur tempers the ninja effect.
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                    • Jan 2010

[QUOTE=BECOMING-INTENSE;283672]

Love these three looks! The leather pants/skirt combo look perfect and the fur coat with the tall spiral zip boots are great as are the tones/fabric/layers in the grey/brown outfit. I don't even like brown boots/shoes but those boots I'd wear. Wish I had more money and a larger closet.
                    THE HOUSE OF DIS
                    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

got damn this is good. The rebirth of Rick as a sculptor. His best mens effort ever.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                        Same here.
                        And I have a job, wife and kids.
                        Ok, I am an astronaut. But still.
                        really? That kind of freaks me out...
                        (in a good way )

Anyway, I absolutely love the use of black fur. I think a Rick Owens fur coat should be considered the next level (can't really tell if that thing is a coat or a vest, love it either way though)
                        Last edited by genevieveryoko; 01-21-2011, 02:21 AM. Reason: next level
                        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

i keep comin bakc to look at this , more i look at it more i see tons of elements from past rick womens and mens .
                          hes been doin cropped jackets on the girls forever , the spiral zips remind me of the spiral zipped trousers he did for the ladies a few yrs ago , cant remember the season .
                          the pattern on the belly of this fit :

reminds me of the current season kangaroo pocket

its like he took ideas hes already used and with laser like focus he refined it and bam , this is what we get . still droolin over this collection

Comment

• nqth
                            • Sep 2006

My first thought is the models are so young, it looks like a Hedi Slimane's DH show (in a good way).

I really like the proportion (knee length) and a felt like, soft thickness of the materials. some of the shorts look like made from a really thick (boiled, perhaps) wool.
                            Last edited by nqth; 01-21-2011, 02:57 AM.

Comment

• widmerpool
                              • Nov 2010

I would love a boiled wool skirt.
                              http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• North
                                • Sep 2008

One of his most architectual mens collections yet. in the sense that it references bauhaus without being exactly that.

I never really got into Rick Owens, but I can see myself wearing this, if my height allows some of the pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎