Rick Owens Mens FW11 Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Mar 2009

when does the closeup shot of the toggle coat come from?

i love the whole collection and it's probably my favourite from this season. nice change from ss11

Comment

• ES3K
      • Oct 2008

Please forgive stating anything with Balmain, but as I read somewhere Christophe Decarnin likes to say "Balmain Homme isn't a collection, it's a wardrobe"-- and as I see it, past Rick was just that. A wardrobe, yet an innovative and groundbraking one. And he still is offering this wardrobe, all those basics are available -- but he is moving on and and offering a hell of a show (you've got to love it as an event even if you'll never wear any of the clothes), pushing his vision and tailoring forward, gets a lot of media coverage and gives mrbeuys complete outfits while the rest of us can buy high tops and Stooges leather.

Comment

• moderninc2010
        • Jan 2011

I love this Rick Owens collection. Looking forward to FW 2011/12 to hit the stores already

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
          RO men's garments look gaudy to me now, i tend to prefer the original ruggedness of mens pieces when the sophistication of shapes was for womens collection.
          B, not sure I get you here. How does the Women's sophistication = gaudiness for Men's? Sure, the metal is a bit much (I quite like it), and I appreciate that there is quite a lot of drama in the Men's show which wasn't really there before, but it's still all done in good "taste", no? I mean, some of the shapes are so new (for lack of a better word) that there really isn't the context within which one might find them tasteless. Just a whole new flavour. Circus in your mouth kind of flavour, but no clowns.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• pierce4
            • Mar 2010

Really like the atmosphere of the show, building tension for 4 minutes before the kick drum drops. Anyone know who is responsible for choosing the music?

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

If it hasn't already been mentioned, rick owens' website has a good video of the show: http://www.rickowens.eu/
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                I'm not surprised you say that, being the RO hardcore fan you are . And maybe it boils down to that sort of consideration (to me living in a RO show would be so tiring, i don't have that sort of energy). But in my mind it is not only about the wearability, but more a question of aesthetics. RO men's garments look gaudy to me now, i tend to prefer the original ruggedness of mens pieces when the sophistication of shapes was for womens collection.

@jogu: not sure to agree, even the drkshdw line which i prefer to the main line has become complicated with asymmetric cuts, leather panels and gimmicky details. SS11 displayed also long coats with short sleeves, unnecessary draped tees, not really the kind of things i would call basics, but to be fair, the shorts were ok.
                Exactly what many would say about Poell, no?

I too have mixed feelings about this collection. The grays are really beautiful, and the knits, not shown here are as well. But I am not crazy about the geometric tail coats with satin piping. The lining on some coats is a beautiful stark white - very pretty.

For those who asked, the collection is called Limo, and will include plenty of leather pants for mrbeuys to peruse.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

limo?! haha that name is so fitting!

also are all the leather pants skirted?
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

No, there are also two version that are not skirted - one cut like jeans, one like pants, and one drop-crotch (IIRC).

And, yeah, Limo is pretty funny and fitting. Rick told me he decided to name it that after the collection started coming out looking dandyish. Which I kinda see!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

(5char)
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ES3K
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        (...) And, yeah, Limo is pretty funny and fitting. Rick told me he decided to name it that after the collection started coming out looking dandyish. Which I kinda see!
                        And I always believed that designers have a vision for their collection... and aren't surprised at some stage in the production process how the collection looks like... "Oh wait, look, my new collection is dandyish, amazing!" -- ah you gotta love Rick!

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

if i am going leather pants, i am going leather skirt pants. a sith deals in absolutes.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          No, there are also two version that are not skirted - one cut like jeans, one like pants, and one drop-crotch (IIRC).

And, yeah, Limo is pretty funny and fitting. Rick told me he decided to name it that after the collection started coming out looking dandyish. Which I kinda see!

Comment

• Lane
                            • Aug 2010

Man, this is why I hate looking at rick collections solely through photos. The beauty is all in the movement of the garments. Love watching the runway show video. I actually can appreciate this more now. Love the boots zipper placement.

Comment

• evilsean
                              • Mar 2010

hail the leather pants!

Comment

• skinfade
                                • Jul 2010

This is a very good collection! The silhouette is slick, and the color palette is well combined. It is so clean and smooth, but the beauty of imperfection is missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎