• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by skinfade View Post
    This is a very good collection! The silhouette is slick, and the color palette is well combined. It is so clean and smooth, but the beauty of imperfection is missing.
    You might be on to something. From a recent interview,

"I was interested in Nazca drawings in Peru in the beginning, but then the collection started to get kind of formal and kind of elegant, and I changed that to 'Limo' in the middle. 'Limo' is such a corny word, and the collection was getting kind of fancy, so I thought I’d call it that."
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

seems like no more geo or bauhaus, but all other styles should be repeated, showtek, etc.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
        Besides what was shown on the runway, was there anything interesting in terms of leather jackets?

The leather duffle will be out of my price range for sure, and just wanting to know if there is some new designs showing that was not shown. Have not seen any showroom pictures leaking yet.
        The usual was on offer - scuba, molino. etc.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

will the zippers on the toggle close to attach together to make a tighter fit concealing the toggles or are they more so ornamentation? that coat is quite beautiful. i'd love to see more detailing and i am very curious about further styling options for a coat with seemingly multiple closures assuming the zippers are functional.
          those might be the leather pants i have been waiting for.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
            will the zippers on the toggle close to attach together to make a tighter fit concealing the toggles or are they more so ornamentation? that coat is quite beautiful. i'd love to see more detailing and i am very curious about further styling options for a coat with seemingly multiple closures assuming the zippers are functional.
            those might be the leather pants i have been waiting for.
            I don't think even Rick could come up with that one. The zippers are pocket zippers.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I don't think even Rick could come up with that one. The zippers are pocket zippers.
              sounds much better. i was a bit curious to see how the fit changed once they were closed. c'est la vie.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                • Nov 2010

I've waited a while to say something about this collection since I wanted to let it grow a bit and boy did it grow!

I think this is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of Ricks work to date. You still have the overall silhouette which is undeniably classic Rick but it seams so much more elegant and even more androgynous. I love that he featured more tailored pieces and that the sporty/gym influences were kept to a minimum. Now don't get me wrong I really like the sporty stuff as well and I wear some of it almost every day but I feel like it should belong within the DRKSHDW universe not the Rick Owens mainline which for me stands for something more refined.

Overall I am very happy with this and I'll sure be saving up for one of these coats come fall!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

The best thing on some of those coats is the lining, stark white silk that's been washed and boiled to give it uneven texture.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• i fo sho don't wake up with my hair combed with glue.

Comment

• moderninc2010
                      • Jan 2011

i am in love with the boots and the way the zip curves

Comment

• Soul Pill
                        • Feb 2011

Apologies if this is the wrong place, but I hadn't seen these pictures of some of the upcoming season's pieces posted before. (The items with 'reservation' under them):

http://www.why-lip.com/look.php?store=w&sex=mens&brd=ro

http://www.why-lip.com/look.php?stor...x=mens&brd=drk

new drkshdw trousers with tight thigh darts and 'bootcut' flare

Comment

• Ivans On High
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2008

Those front zip tanker boots are great. The blazers also look nicely done, even that short one. Is that a womens piece?

Comment

• xeraphim
                            • Nov 2008

^ men's, assuming you were referring to the short blazer:

Comment

• Zenith
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Soul Pill View Post
                              Apologies if this is the wrong place, but I hadn't seen these pictures of some of the upcoming season's pieces posted before. (The items with 'reservation' under them):

http://www.why-lip.com/look.php?store=w&sex=mens&brd=ro

http://www.why-lip.com/look.php?stor...x=mens&brd=drk

new drkshdw trousers with tight thigh darts and 'bootcut' flare
                              Not been on why-lip for a while but alot of their goods are restricted to members...bummer...

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

And the yearly craving starts again. Can't wait for august to come around. There's so much I want from this collection... Must say the boots do not form part of my I want category. I want to wrap myself in cashemere "liners".
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎