X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Ann Demeulemeester Men's FW11 Paris

i do hope image size is seen as a plus rather than minus... if not, pm and i will do my best to replace with smaller...

EDIT: LINKS HAVE BEEN REPAIRED but if they die again, see further down in thread for alternative images by becoming-intense et al.

'

Last edited by Shucks; 02-25-2011, 02:44 PM.
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Last edited by Shucks; 02-25-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Last edited by Shucks; 02-25-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• kofi3159
        • Feb 2009

Beautiful as always ANN
        And the large pics are perfect
        thx shucks

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

and a bonus because they are fucking amazing:

Last edited by Shucks; 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Macro
            • Apr 2008

ummmmmm.....

what? underwhelming and repetitive. one note does not make a song.
            every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

I disagree completely. I think she constantly finds ways to move things forward while remaining true to her vision. Who else but Rick can you say that about anymore?

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

aha she did a version of the triple lace for men??? i don't like this, way too much of her womens stuff on men and what macro said. if you're going to re-work everything i prefer the big hats, cropped pants, and over sized knits for the mens.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Can't wait to hear what Faust thinks about this.
                  Kunk, I agree with you and I think this is solid, with plenty of stuff I have seen before reworked and evolved, but I liked SS11 so much that this feels like just the tiniest bit of a letdown...
                  However, if this was Rick I would be all over it and praise the consistent vision, etc etc blah blah. Guess I selfishly wanted her to drop the waist-coated poet stuff in favour of something more minimal, as she did in SS11.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

some might argue that I look ridiculous in Rick too but while I love ann, very little of her stuff works for me. I actually like and appreciate some of her simplest stuff that is more utilitarian, the repeat drawstring pants, the outerwear and vests and such are always killer. I am not sure what childhood issue allows me to wear skirted pants but avoid the forelorn poet look.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Might just be an acute feeling that you belong in the 21st rather than the 19th century? Not said flippantly.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

yes, that is actually probably exactly what it is. My almost fetishistic love of only a handful of designers probably saves me money and certainly saves me time come fashion week.

Comment

• t-bone
                          • Dec 2009

Going to need some time to look these over again, but I am definitely leaning towards the positive here. Sure there are a lot of core pieces repeated throughout the looks, but really there is so much interesting detail throughout that it never feels boring or repetetive to me.

Is the layered double-button waist piece a cumberbund/belt or is it attached to some sort of vest? Can't tell from the pics. Some of the solid slim pants look amazing, loving the cream colored ones and all of the lighter colored looks in general. Are those "tinted" looking pants simply double layered?

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

awesome, can't wait to see better pics of those men's lace boots. hopefully i'll be able to find some 2nd hand/on sale.

Comment

• syed
                              • Sep 2010

First glance threw me for a loop, because it totally was not what I was expecting to see. However I am glad that happened. I really like the trousers throughout, and I am seriously going to have to save up for those gloves Really quite intrigued by the looks where the waists have what seem like three waistcoats layered.
                              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎