• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Alexandre Plokhov FW11

Exclusive preview of Alexandre Plokhov's first collection under his own name, which you can read more about here.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

All photos are copyright and may not be copied or distributed anywhere.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• CommieRabbit
      • Oct 2007

Parka is looking good, the cinched pleat is genius and that grey suit looks slick.

I really dislike the asymmetric coat/leather jacket. I like the idea but it's either the execution or the proportions of the piece itself that makes it look downright awkward.

Looks like there are some promising elements. Would like to handle it in person though.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

The coat and leather jacket are two separate pieces, just styled together here.

The cut of the one shouldered coat is pretty awesome, the strap is adjustable so it fits the wearer perfectly. I actually really liked the piece, but not something I'd wear every day myself.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
          • Oct 2007

Sounds interesting. I'm trying to imagine it in my head but I think I'd really need to check out from the back or in person for a more detailed idea.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Thanks Lowrey! Looks really good, I'm especially in love with the grey assymetrical overcoat with funnel neck . It has Plokhov's perfect combination of wearability/interesting details/masculinity/perfect cut that I have missed so much! Commence saving pennies.
            music

Comment

• rudo
              • Feb 2009

Great

Thanks for the photos. The coats look great, combination of nice fabrics and sharp tailoring. I also love the grey overcoat and I could live in it all winter.

Comment

• JD_May
                • Apr 2010

I like the suiting and the vest that was depicted in his video but not sure about the zip-elbow detail.
                In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
                And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

really incredible stuff, can't wait to see more of this. thanks for the preview. I love the leather and the coats and all the zipper details completely appeal to me. that first picture w/ the leather coming out of the trench is insane, how do you wear the trench by itself though?? is it one sleeve?

Comment

• JD_May
                    • Apr 2010

^Yes, IIRC it was styled with just a shirt under and that shoulder is exposed.
                    In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
                    And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• mike
                      • Dec 2006

cut on the suit is dope
                      the zips are too fashiony tho

Comment

• Macro
                        • Apr 2008

every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Tailoring and tails: ah, I knew the aesthetic circle would come around again...you can always rely on Plokhov for severity, even when the shoulders are raglan. Fantastic, but I thought there was, strangely, or more likely, purposefully, one thing off with each piece; one proportion tweaked a bit awkwardly. On the wrapping half-funnel collar overcoat, the shoulders extend in an exaggerated way. The shrunken suit jacket reminds me of what Raf did at Jil when he first arrived there: the lapels and the proportions have shrunk on the jackets, but the pants have not. I have found myself unable to pull similar things from my wardrobe seasons after they are presented....

So far, I am quite liking it. I am excited to see more...

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• chrsjakob
                            • Mar 2009

ALEXANDRE PLOKHOV FALL/WINTER 2011 Directed by Douglas Keeve.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by chrsjakob View Post
                              nice steve reich...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎