Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Last edited by zamb; 02-06-2011, 07:28 PM.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Last edited by zamb; 02-06-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Incredible!!!

The OD jeans are a HUGE standout for me Z. I'm really loving all of this. Great leather choices and textures!!!!!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

THE "INNER" JACKET

Last edited by zamb; 02-06-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

thanks man,

greatly appreciated coming from you,
            will say more soon...............

the entire look book images are posted now,
            with detail shots etc.

Blessings
            ZB
            Last edited by zamb; 02-06-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• KodakII
              • Sep 2008

Zamb you really outdid yourself; the pants look amazing and the black jacket in #16 is calling my name. Keep up the excellent work.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

I don't claim to have the sophisticated aesthetic many here have, but that's some lovely work Zamb! I look forward to a chance to handle this next season.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Would love more detail shots of the "inner jacket" my friend. That shock of red as the pocket liner is nice!

The seamwork is outstanding. Especially on the pants (one of your strong points). The gentle arcing seams really add to the overall cut and silhouette versus other brands where the seamwork is often superfluous.

Again, beautiful Z!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Would love to give you a better view of it.
                    I will try to do a few shots for you but its really difficult to get the angles correctly.

Its called "Inner" because there is a lot of things going on internally in the piece that isn't visible just by looking at the piece.

The idea was to create garments that seemed at least visually simple (parsimonious), but were in essence way more complex than they appear to be, hence the red on the inside, but it isn't only the pocket liner, but there is an additional set of pockets made into the red leather.......
                    this can only be known to exist by the wearer or someone who has intimate knowledge of the piece........in the same way you meet a girl that seems simple, but realize she is way more complex that your first impression after getting intimate with her.......

there are several other pieces like this in the collection.
                    the overcoat in the first look has four additional pockets made into a second layer within the front of the coat, these cannot be seen from the outside

For example, the Blazer Lowrey posted here shows a large pocket on the inside of the lapel facing, but it has another set of pockets inside of that, that you would have to be wearing the piece and checking it out keenly to even know it exist............

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Would love more detail shots of the "inner jacket" my friend. That shock of red as the pocket liner is nice!

The seamwork is outstanding. Especially on the pants (one of your strong points). The gentle arcing seams really add to the overall cut and silhouette versus other brands where the seamwork is often superfluous.

Again, beautiful Z!!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Very cool. That's what I was thinking too from the images. Right along the same wavelength that I work as well :)

Garments should be special not only from the outside, but something for the wearer themselves. If anything, I think that aspect is equally if not more important in the design.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Very cool. That's what I was thinking too from the images. Right along the same wavelength that I work as well :)

Garments should be special not only from the outside, but something for the wearer themselves. If anything, I think that aspect is equally if not more important in the design.
                        Agreed, and this is something that I've been into more because doing menswear i am thinking about my own needs in a sense.

Its also my interest of late with minimalism, but I'm no minimalist, so I had to approach the subject in a way that I could relate, to simplify the garments without loosing the rigorous complexity that I cannot help but infuse into the work

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

zam, looks incredible! love the pants especially, but the entire collection is very solid

Comment

• (((o
                            • May 2009

Seconded. That jacket looks insanely good.

A whole lot of interesting pieces and more or less everything feels like items that I could wear, and that's not something that happens all that often. A great collection.
                            i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

Agree with everyone that the pants are looking good .
                              My fave is the pants worn with the inner jacket. Is the jacket covering the back pockets or are there no back pockets?

Comment

• marco-von
                                • Feb 2009

the back pockets are more than likely cut into the seams like i have on the drop crotch trousers from zam. the button and loops sewn on the inside leaving a clean look outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎