X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Strangery, those MA+ white boots are incredible.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
      • Sep 2006

Strangery, those CCP red shoes are incredible.
      Originally posted by rider View Post
      droogist, if there ever was a coffin to nail shut, you did it. i admire your eye for beautiful things so much.
      Thanks babe. I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff, once you've repossessed the camera.

And thanks Faust for raising the picture limit.

Comment

• StrAngeRy
        • Dec 2010

Thanks for kind words guys, I love this section cos I enjoy photography very much ^-^

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ knock yourself out! :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tweeds
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
            that's what i get for not reading the rules, one of the great shortcomings iml. in any event the CdG jacket was a knee jerk reaction of WOW, pure pain for pleasure and a favorite piece for sure.
            No hard feelings, just taking the piss... Look forward to seeing your junya pieces!

Have got some time after tomorrow so expect some HL and CDG H+ to show up.

+1 on all the admiration for droogist's Chalayan pieces. They have an air of personability even the excellent Design Museum retrospective couldn't capture, since it looked at broad themes and spectacles rather than individual pieces.
            SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

great pics from strangery and damagex going up.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ittalidaa
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                MBD - the MMM replica overcoat you just posted is incredible. I love the play on uniforms and how it is both two things at once - a Margiela garment and a model of a vintage garment that has so much history. I wonder if they kept the same proportions, or altered it slightly to fit an adult female form/make it more "fashionable"/etc.
                i was browsing belgian fashion design and i thought i should share this excerpt.

"his passion for old clothes is so extreme that he creates replicas. he observes the exact proportions, sometimes even disproportions of old, hand-made and made-to-measure garments. in that way the deceased wearers of the clothes live on to some extent. he calls replicas 'reproductions of a series of old garments'. martin margiela sees the replicas as 'original' pieces, not as designer reinterpretations, as is the case with recycled clothing."

this might also explain why replica pieces do not carry the stitched-on white label.
                http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

^thanks for that, ittalidaa, lovely quote.

I am totally floored and inspired by this entire forum....huge thanks to everyone who has contributed.
                  Still reeling from the Chalayan thread, but i will do my best to add some pictures soon.

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                  I know for a fact that a certain other member has two pairs of shoes from this collection, so perhaps some day she can post them here to show the full effect.
                  i'm on it lady! cannot get over those spring shoes you posted...i would have worn them into the ground too. :)
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Lumina
                    • Dec 2009

the Chalayan is INCREDIBLE !
                    Plus I really like the way the clothes are displayed, every detail is visible and we really focus on the clothes.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

_7 and rick leather jacket pictures updated, more to come soon.

Comment

• ittalidaa
                        • Aug 2009

the helmut lang doctor's bag in this post is from spring–summer 2002

faust's leather-sleeved denim jacket is from spring–summer 2003

i would like to ask if i can post the packaging to a hussein chalayan t-shirt that came in a big envelope. i no longer have the t-shirt now due to wear and tear but still have its uniquely large envelope. i do have a matching shirt that has the tear-away parts of the envelope. it's quite an interesting piece. absence/presence is its name, if i recall correctly.
                        http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yeah, put those two together - it's good stuff.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• StrAngeRy
                            • Dec 2010

rider, those m.a+ women over-knee boots are killers...... stunning...

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

updated with less crappy pics, will update bags and footwear soon.

Comment

• droogist
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                                cannot get over those spring shoes you posted...i would have worn them into the ground too. :)
                                I didn't know how to take care of shoes back then. :(

Wow @ Lumina and rider's Yohji.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎