X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

strangery, are you sure these augustas are horse leather? i thought they were in lama...
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• droogist
      • Sep 2006

Thanks StrAngeRy - the same might be said of yours.

Comment

• StrAngeRy
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        strangery, are you sure these augustas are horse leather? i thought they were in lama...

yap your right, just double checked, it's in LAMA. thanks.

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by StrAngeRy View Post
          yap your right, just double checked, it's in LAMA. thanks.
          you're welcome ;)
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• kucejoe
            • Sep 2006

Just wanted to say how much I like this section. There are already so many amazing pieces.

This might be too time consuming to implement, but as each brand thread gets longer and longer it would be nice if the first post could contain an organized list of the pieces therein (ex: Womenswear / Menswear -> Outerwear etc.).

Originally posted by ittalidaa View Post
            the helmut lang doctor's bag in this post is from spring–summer 2002
            Thanks for the info. BTW, keep posting, you have some great items (and I love your Tumblrs).
            Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

not sure if this works but i was thinking if we can have an archives thread for all SZer.. there are some people here making/designing/diy stuff like garments, furnitures, jewelleries etc, if there is a thread like this we can post our best/most satisfied piece with all descriptions and process that involved.
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Not a good idea. The DIY forum is sufficient for that.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

Okay E:)
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

I can't believe Rick is winning...
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

updated the VA boots, done!

Comment

• kuugaia
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                        I can't believe Rick is winning...
                        ^ Are you serious?

Half the people who found this site probably searched for Rick.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Drexl, thanks for all the fantastic Cloak gear!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ose
                            • Mar 2009

yeah, thanks drexl. awesome sense of completeness in all that

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

it just struck me that it would have been kinda cool with a comment function for the posts in the garment archives. like for blog posts...

but i guess it can't be done in the sz forum format.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                                • Oct 2010

Ahh Ittalidaa (does this mean something? I have ceramics emblazoned with the mark you use as your nom de net) and GeneYoko (sorry - so long, and I am guilty myself),

I wanted to note about the MMM Replica School Girl's Coat -- it *is* indeed simply scaled to an adult size and not altered in any way to make it more "wearable" or more contemporary in its proportions. Although the sleeves are large in proportion to the coat, I haven't found it to be a detriment, though I could see how it might seem daunting to style.

Here is how I tend to wear it:

I wear it backwards, as a light coat with a Margiela replica tux shirt (Hong Kong waiter's uniform, 1980s), Acne Hex jeans and Tabi boots. That, or some iteration thereof.

MBD

Originally posted by ittalidaa View Post
                                i was browsing belgian fashion design and i thought i should share this excerpt.

"his passion for old clothes is so extreme that he creates replicas. he observes the exact proportions, sometimes even disproportions of old, hand-made and made-to-measure garments. in that way the deceased wearers of the clothes live on to some extent. he calls replicas 'reproductions of a series of old garments'. martin margiela sees the replicas as 'original' pieces, not as designer reinterpretations, as is the case with recycled clothing."

this might also explain why replica pieces do not carry the stitched-on white label.
                                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎