idea: limit these threads to pieces more than two years old

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
      archives as recent purchases is really foul

Eventually the item would be two years old though...so why not post it now?

I think that as long as it's a "standout" piece, or something relatively interesting, I don't care much if it's from the current season or seasons past personally.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I assume these are items from a store..?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
          archives as recent purchases is really foul

it would take several YEARS to get this archive to a usable state.

so to limit what goes in here is not going to help the overall cause.

i personally think everyone who has all the relevant information and images when making a classified thread should post here. it would be a waste not to..

Comment

• genevieveryoko
            • Sep 2009

I haven't been much of a fan of Rick Owens combat boots, but I really like the ones larsssss posted, the touch of Rick is very subtle but good...
            http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Chilton, that pink Rick Owens jacket - blackmail material.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
                • Sep 2010

^ Haha. Although I'm imagining it on a female model with a pale blue mohair sweater, some grey jeans and floral print Dr Martens.
                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                  Up close, it's a very dignified, almost regal "salmon"! Yet with a disco vibe...
                  Hahaha. I just looked at this in the morning and was wondering about it.

Almost felt compelled to say something but held back.

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Not sure wether my pictures / description fulfill the requirements for the archives. Please let me know if not and I will remove the post.
                    Last edited by MoFiya; 04-26-2011, 03:33 PM.
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

That Ann dress Dodo posted is mental!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Ok, where is Sir Dicky Snafu? I have determined that it is he who originated this unfortunate nickname...Tell him I know he lives in...London, and, um, will find him. "Dodo," my ass!

MBD
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                          • Sep 2009

LOL, but Dodo is sounds so cute...

perhaps we need a thread called "what not to abbreviate my (overly long) username to"...if I get called geneyoko again I might just have to re-register under another name!!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            it would take several YEARS to get this archive to a usable state.

so to limit what goes in here is not going to help the overall cause.

i personally think everyone who has all the relevant information and images when making a classified thread should post here. it would be a waste not to..
                            I agree - the two year limit is arbitrary, and anyway, why not let the work you do to make classifieds serve double duty. In fact, I'm going to move items that meet the standards from my classifieds over to archives for the sake of posterity.

I don't think that the time of purchase of the item makes it less important (read: less authentic, nor the owner less authentic.) I've enjoyed browsing everything, regardless of its <2009 production or not.

MBD

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                              LOL, but Dodo is sounds so cute...

perhaps we need a thread called "what not to abbreviate my (overly long) username to"...if I get called geneyoko again I might just have to re-register under another name!!
                              Ha! I was thinking of the butchering I did to your name when I wrote the "J'accuse" above.

Why don't you suggest an alternative? I was feeling mentally....limited that day, and out came that unfortunate mess of an idea.

Apologies.

MBD

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                                • Sep 2009

no worries, interest1 also called me that the other day...it's rather strange that two different people would come up with the same nonsensical nickname for me.

but genevieve would be the obvious choice, no? g also works.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎