X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post

no worries, interest1 also called me that the other day.. it's rather strange.. two different people.. same nonsensical nickname...
    you dork! that was no coinkydink!
    I called you that because MBD did, lol.. figured you'd pick up on that from my wink at the end. especially since I was posting it on the tail of the "you think you're funny but you're really not" post – which I found to be really funny!
    Ya gotta admit, "Gene Yoko" is so bad that it's actually kinda GOOD!
    sain't

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
      True, true. I'm afraid...you are stuck. And I claim "dodo" with pride.

So it's bad, as in good, as in awesome; or alternately, good as a broken clock can be: right on no fewer than twice a day!

Reclaim it, gurl!

the Dodo
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
        you dork! that was no coinkydink!
        I called you that because MBD did, lol.. figured you'd pick up on that from my wink at the end. especially since I was posting it on the tail of the "you think you're funny but you're really not" post – which I found to be really funny!
        I knew that...maybe...

Now I see...you were calling me that to push my buttons!! Well that certainly is one good way to do it. I had thought for some reason that you actually thought that that was a good thing to call me. But you are smarter than that. Thank god.

MBD, the difference is that Dodo sounds cute. Gene Yoko sounds like some weird combination of my and Faust's names, if you know what I mean. Would you want to be called Gene Metro?
        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Better yet, MBD can be Bullet Yoko & I'll be Yoko1.
          Usernames having usernames will be the next 'next level'. But not necessarily the new black.

sain't

Comment

• MASUGNEN
            • Feb 2009

Interest1 works as a smiley designer?

Comment

• Clopek
              • Apr 2011

I already submitted a request so I guess it's too late, but I'll ask the question anyway - much interest/love for a Marni archive? I haven't garnered a collection of my own yet, but I love the line...thoughts?
              ...and the tide was way out.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                • Sep 2009

aha, we'll see what Mr. Faust has to say about that! If I remember correctly, he liked it about two years ago...
                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

Humm. Does the Marni archive come with a dedication Faust?

I think it's great that some undervalued (by SZ) designers have really benefited from a bit of education & exposure. I'm thinking of Helmut and Hussein in particular...

MBD
                  "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                  It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                  My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

i think it's quite nice to see the sz archive expanding beyond the regular crop of SZ designers. don't get me wrong i love a lot of the pieces in the regular designers archival threads but it is nice to see a diverse population amongst archived garments within reason.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ Absolutely. I actually cringed a bit when people started asking for the usual crop to represented, but hey, must be fair - they are designers too. But looks like it's going in the right directions. HUGE THANKS to everyone participating.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

little confession, but I've been tempted to PM some peeps and offer them a large sum for some amazing items that have been listed :P

I can't help it :( however, it does make me really wish I run into someone who sells some of these items.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

Was looking at some old pics, got nostalgic. I posted up some items which I owned before but then sold to other members, is that ok? If not I can take them down.

More photos coming soon to help populate the Gustavolins archive. I wish I could take pics like Strangery!
                          Last edited by kompressorkev; 05-12-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I noticed in the CDG archives that some members mentioned the code AD[year]. Is this a reliable way of knowing which season something is from?
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Of course it's Ok, Kev.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                                I noticed in the CDG archives that some members mentioned the code AD[year]. Is this a reliable way of knowing which season something is from?

It's the year of manufacture. So if an item is a summer item and has AD1999 on it, it is fom SS 2000. If a winter item has AD1999 on it, it is from AW99/00.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎