• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by AKA*NYC
    mbd you're projecting. :)

it's pretty clear that this is an archive not a classifieds thread.
    : p

Yes, okay, fine! Admittedly, I'm slightly weird about people who think they can buy anything they see, even from archives. I've had people ask to buy things off my back...ugh (not to mention problematic for women....)
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ironman
      Faust, since this is an archive, would it be acceptable to include images of items one previously owned?

edit: you guys are probably still fixing it, but from what i can see right now, i cannot see lowrey's images in the MA+ thread and Faust your image in the CDiem thread looks like this to me http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...faust_test.jpg
      I don't see any problem with posting previously owned pieces if you have the photos and necessary info.

yes, thats a test and its still being worked on.

Originally posted by magic
      can/are our images copyrighted? i am not sure if it sound necessary but its like a project at SZ to me and i just dont want mine/our hard works end up in other forum classified...
      this is a good idea, I'll talk with Faust about protecting the images
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Ironman, of course!

Magic - the images are turned off for non-members. We cannot prevent them being lifted otherwise. What we could do, for those who have photoshop on their computers is to provide the SZ font, so you can do the watermarking yourself.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust
          Magic - the images are turned off for non-members. We cannot prevent them being lifted otherwise. What we could do, for those who have photoshop on their computers is to provide the SZ font, so you can do the watermarking yourself.
          Okay, understandable. you got a PM!
          Focusing on object details

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

This is awesome.

Although it seems like we'd most prefer to have garment images only with details of the piece with it, would runway shows/studio images (Linea images and Maurizio's studio images come to mind) be acceptable?

I got a ton to unload on here :)

On top of that, I'm quite interested to see Runner/Crouka get involved. The images on that man's hard drive... I can only imagine.

In reference to MBD's posting above, I keep all of my old sales images in a giant folder and will slowly post the images to the appropriate threads on here.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kuugaia
              • Feb 2010

That sounds much more reassuring. Maybe the entire section should be closed off for members with less than XXX posts, if that's possible. That would make the archive more of a benefit for members who contribute compared to the people who come to leech. Similar to the classifieds.

And just to echo other people's sentiments, this is an awesome addition to the forum.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

^ this is the pay to play part of the forum
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Kuugaia, I am not sure this is the right approach. I think that on the contrary, the chance to contribute to the archives will bring some of the lurkers out.

The garment archives are the best of both worlds.

1. The images don't need to be followed by an intellectual discussion.
                  2. You are not posting images from a consumerist perspective.

All members of SZ, unite!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

We finally resolved the attachments issue. Let's kick it!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

if you thought the addicts picture on mood boards through the world was epic, I predict the SZ logo becoming immortal............
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

I want photos not to be on a human body, but garments in themselves. This is about the garment, it's not another WAYWT. If you have a mannequin and think the garment will benefit from being on a dress form, you can use it. We want only clear/high quality photos please.
                        figured, though trousers in particular tend not to be very photogeneic by themselves, i personally find. maybe its just me. dont want to advocate another waywt either maybe more vintage atelier-esque. though i understand consistency concerns.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

can we change thread titles to include the word "archive" or something to limit confusion with the designer's discussion thread? like Ann Demeulemeester Archive? just for ease of browsing...
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

is there an outlet for discussion? for example where can i air the fact that i find the dior gun bag albert just posted supremely dope?
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

some designers have that retrospective thread but now that seems redundant
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                is there an outlet for discussion? for example where can i air the fact that i find the dior gun bag albert just posted supremely dope?
                                I would not want discussion here, but maybe we can link individual posts into designers and their work.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎