Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Archives discussion and feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Magic - the images are turned off for non-members. We cannot prevent them being lifted otherwise. What we could do, for those who have photoshop on their computers is to provide the SZ font, so you can do the watermarking yourself.
    That sounds much more reassuring. Maybe the entire section should be closed off for members with less than XXX posts, if that's possible. That would make the archive more of a benefit for members who contribute compared to the people who come to leech. Similar to the classifieds.

And just to echo other people's sentiments, this is an awesome addition to the forum.

^ this is the pay to play part of the forum
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Kuugaia, I am not sure this is the right approach. I think that on the contrary, the chance to contribute to the archives will bring some of the lurkers out.

The garment archives are the best of both worlds.

1. The images don't need to be followed by an intellectual discussion.
    2. You are not posting images from a consumerist perspective.

All members of SZ, unite!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

We finally resolved the attachments issue. Let's kick it!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

if you thought the addicts picture on mood boards through the world was epic, I predict the SZ logo becoming immortal............
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I want photos not to be on a human body, but garments in themselves. This is about the garment, it's not another WAYWT. If you have a mannequin and think the garment will benefit from being on a dress form, you can use it. We want only clear/high quality photos please.
    figured, though trousers in particular tend not to be very photogeneic by themselves, i personally find. maybe its just me. dont want to advocate another waywt either maybe more vintage atelier-esque. though i understand consistency concerns.

can we change thread titles to include the word "archive" or something to limit confusion with the designer's discussion thread? like Ann Demeulemeester Archive? just for ease of browsing...
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

is there an outlet for discussion? for example where can i air the fact that i find the dior gun bag albert just posted supremely dope?

some designers have that retrospective thread but now that seems redundant
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Quote Originally Posted by AKA*NYC View Post
    is there an outlet for discussion? for example where can i air the fact that i find the dior gun bag albert just posted supremely dope?
    I would not want discussion here, but maybe we can link individual posts into designers and their work.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I have added a HOW-TO to the rules thread, as well as other information and a format for all the details to include.

please make sure you include the designer name in the post itself, otherwise its not searchable.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

For Drkshdw stuff, can i use the rick thread?

Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    you might want to state that you altered the length and added a button
    Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    hmm good point, maybe I should let someone else upload this piece as mine has been altered
    Did the alterations change the piece that much that it became something else?

this is important because, a lot of times people alter garments slight for fit etc, and unless is a significant change in the actual design, i don't think it matters that much..................

the alternative is maybe to state that the garment was altered slightly

Quote Originally Posted by coro View Post
    yes, I was just going to ask the same thing - what about diffusion lines? I think they should have their own category, because with certain lines like Drkshdw and Tricot, there is so much stuff out there. I would also say Junya Watanabe Man should be its own category.

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone that made this happen and MBD for having the idea...I'm really looking forward to what is to come!

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    Did the alterations change the piece that much that it became something else?

this is important because, a lot of times people alter garments slight for fit etc, and unless is a significant change in the actual design, i don't think it matters that much..................

the alternative is maybe to state that the garment was altered slightly
    4-5 inches off the bottom is dramatic imo
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

I don't know what was done to it.
    and i would agree with you that is dramatic,

im just saying it should be clearer cause I wouldn't wanna post something where just the sleeves have been shorten or the waist taken in for better fit an then that's disqualified because of that..........

Thank you very much for this new section ! That's an amazing idea, and I love the idea of a collective achievement just for the purpose of sharing and learning.
    I'm sure this is gonna be an amazing ressource in no time.

I would be very glad to contribute when I'll have time and good light.

And of course it's not the point, but MBD is right and I'm sure we will be many to search yahoo and ebay like never after browsing the thread !

Once again, thanks for this forum !

yea it was shortened quite a bit, so I will at least mention it.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

lack of ro photos making me sad, adding 10-15 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by coro View Post
    Yes, all diffusion lines should go under the main designer. Specify that it's Drksdw and you should be good.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine